• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Unofficial*** Cricket Web Cricket Hall of Fame

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
To give recognition to those that have made contributions to cricket and the players we have loved watching I'm setting up the ***Unofficial*** Cricket Web Cricket Hall of Fame.

There have been similar threads before but I would like to see a collective Hall that represents the views of the group as a whole.

Every month anyone can nominate a player and then another member must second that nomination for that player to go on the ballot.

Once the players for that months ballot have been decided everyone gets to vote on 2 players to be inducted.

A player is inducted if 75% of voters have them as one of the 2 players they voted for.

If a player is nominated and seconded but not inducted into the Hall of Fame then their name will stay on the ballot for 3 votes, after which they must be re-nominated.

EDIT- From Post #16
Here we go.

There are 2 Categories

- The CW Hall of Fame
- The CW Order of Merit

A person may only make 1 nomination OR a second in each category for each voting period.

The CW Hall of Fame
Open to all retired players and current players that have played 80 or more Test matches or 100 ODIs

The CW Order of Merit

Open to any and everything cricket related. So any players, commentator, teams etc.

After the nominations, a list will be posted for each category. Everyone will be able to vote for 2 people/etc on the ballot for each category.

Those inducted into the Hall of Fame or given the Order of Merit will be those included in 75% of the ballots cast.

We will start weekly and then move monthly.

Nominations are open until Thursday and then voting can begin.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
Goughy said:
To give recognition to those that have made contributions to cricket and the players we have loved watching I'm setting up the ***Unofficial*** Cricket Web Cricket Hall of Fame.

There have been similar threads before but I would like to see a collective Hall that represents the views of the group as a whole.

Every month anyone can nominate a player and then another member must second that nomination for that player to go on the ballot.

Once the players for that months ballot have been decided everyone gets to vote on 2 players to be inducted.

A player is inducted if 75% of voters have them as one of the 2 players they voted for.

If a player is nominated and seconded but not inducted into the Hall of Fame then their name will stay on the ballot for 3 votes, after which they must be re-nominated.

For the 1st month I would like to run a ballot every week in order to get things rolling and then move to inducting 1 player per month.

A question. Should the Hall of Fame be limited to retired players? and if So how long should they be retired?
nice idea...I think you should be able to include current players, however with maybe a qualification, like over 100 tests, or 20000 first class runs or something like that. Of course that qualificatio wouldnt need to apply to retired players!!! Just a thought

Craig

World Traveller
No Hall of Fame could not be complete with Dave Mohamad, Ajit Agarkar and the genius that is Rikki Clarke.

That is my £10 worth.

Craig

World Traveller
Then in that case as a member of the AAAS then Ajit Agarkar is the my nomination.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I suggest every person can only propose and second once in a month.
I agree. Maybe make it even more strict that someone can only propose OR second once a month. It would stop massive numbers being on the ballot each month.

Also how abot for current players, a minimum of 75 tests played?

FRAZ

International Captain
I partialy agree with Mr mxyzpltk cuz many hall of fame players did not play over 100 . Many Winidians and Pakistanis and Indians were not able to play over 100 tests . And it is a great idea and please do include the curent players .

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
I guess 50 tests will just be fine to judge a hall of famer but wait let me check if Shoaib Akhtar has played 50 or not !!!!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't see the point in an arbitrary number of Tests cut-off... 75 or 85 - just leaves out Bradman amongst others...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Don't see the point in an arbitrary number of Tests cut-off... 75 or 85 - just leaves out Bradman amongst others...
The discussion for the cut off point is for current players only. Retired players have no set criteria. Its explained earlier in the thread.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Goughy said:
The discussion for the cut off point is for current players only. Retired players have no set criteria. Its explained earlier in the thread.
Ok... just excludes any NZ players playing mainly over the next few years I guess - no great loss I suppose.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Here we go.

There are 2 Categories

- The CW Hall of Fame
- The CW Order of Merit

A person may only make 1 nomination OR a second in each category for each voting period.

The CW Hall of Fame
Open to all retired players and current players that have played 80 or more Test matches or 100 ODIs

The CW Order of Merit

Open to any and everything cricket related. So any players, commentator, teams etc.

After the nominations, a list will be posted for each category. Everyone will be able to vote for 2 people/etc on the ballot for each category.

Those inducted into the Hall of Fame or given the Order of Merit will be those included in 75% of the ballots cast.

We will start weekly and then move monthly.

Nominations are open until Thursday and then voting can begin.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The CW Hall of Fame
Nominate- Bradman, obviously

The CW Order of Merit
Nominate- John Arlott

oz_fan

International Regular
CW Hall of Fame
Nominate - Glenn McGrath

CW Order of Merit
Nominate - Harold "Dickie" Bird