• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** European Championships

Craig

World Traveller
Samuel_Vimes said:
Eoin Morgan on 73* in the first of three ODIs in this tournament. Ireland are 164-7 though, with Andre Botha stumped off medium-pacer (IIRC) Craig Wright, and Niall O'Brien the only one to pass 20, while spinner Ross Lyons has 2-20, Paul Hoffmann once again stars with miserly medium pace (7-0-14-1), while John Blain has joined the ranks of useless ODI bowlers from the UK, 6-0-41-0.

After seeing the line-ups, Scotland >>>> Ireland. Their batting is a bit fragile tho.
Andre Botha, another ex-South African playing for British or Irish team?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Won't happen for along time if ever.
Aside from Vaughan (if he comes back), Bell, Collingwood, perhaps Key, who else would be down the line?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Craig said:
Andre Botha, another ex-South African playing for British or Irish team?
Indeed. Born in Jo'burg and was in the Griqualand West setup for a few years as a bits-and-pieces allrounder. Hasn't played in South Africa since he made his Ireland debut, tho.

Raining today, so the day's matches (Scotland v Netherlands, Denmark v Italy) are delayed a bit. Not much rain forecast though.

stumpski

International Captain
I must say I find it a bit odd that Scotland v Ireland in this competition is classed as a full ODI, while the other matches don't even get List 'A' status. The ICC Trophy last year was classified as List 'A' (for the first time) so it could be done. Just a few more teams for the stats men to follow.

Incidentally, can anyone tell me why Scotland v Ireland (yesterday) is ODI # 2396, and today's Canada v Kenya match is # 2400? I missed something there.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
stumpski said:
I must say I find it a bit odd that Scotland v Ireland in this competition is classed as a full ODI, while the other matches don't even get List 'A' status. The ICC Trophy last year was classified as List 'A' (for the first time) so it could be done. Just a few more teams for the stats men to follow.

Incidentally, can anyone tell me why Scotland v Ireland (yesterday) is ODI # 2396, and today's Canada v Kenya match is # 2400? I missed something there.
2397 Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
2398 Canada v Kenya, match 1
2399 Scotland v Netherlands
2400 Canada v Kenya, match 2

All substandard. ;)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Swing galore at Italy v Ireland...

Bonora c Langford-Smith b Rankin 6
Perera lbw b P Mooney 8
Puccio c wk b Langford-Smith 4
Jayasena c wk b Rankin 14
Northcote c wk b J Mooney 5
Zuppiroli c wk b Langford-Smith 1
Corbellari c Kevin O'Brien b Langford-Smith 0
Ala-ud-Din c wk b J Mooney 0
Crosland c wk b P Mooney 10
Passaretti c wk b J Mooney 1
Scarponi not out 4
Extras (w 19, nb 6, lb 1) 26
Total 79 (32.4 overs)

P Mooney 6.4-0-28-2, Rankin 6-0-23-2, Langford-Smith 5-3-7-3, J Mooney 9-4-5-3.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samuel_Vimes said:
Swing galore at Italy v Ireland...

Bonora c Langford-Smith b Rankin 6
Perera lbw b P Mooney 8
Puccio c wk b Langford-Smith 4
Jayasena c wk b Rankin 14
Northcote c wk b J Mooney 5
Zuppiroli c wk b Langford-Smith 1
Corbellari c Kevin O'Brien b Langford-Smith 0
Ala-ud-Din c wk b J Mooney 0
Crosland c wk b P Mooney 10
Passaretti c wk b J Mooney 1
Scarponi not out 4
Extras (w 19, nb 6, lb 1) 26
Total 79 (32.4 overs)

P Mooney 6.4-0-28-2, Rankin 6-0-23-2, Langford-Smith 5-3-7-3, J Mooney 9-4-5-3.
Wonder if Ireland will make that total. 8-)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ireland won the championship after a no-result with the Netherlands (one more over and they would have won the game outright on Duckworth/Lewis, unless ten Doeschate hit six sixes).

Denmark, as expected, avoided the wooden spoon, and fell three runs short of beating Scotland, which could have seen them into third place even with a loss in today's match to Netherlands. Klokker and Morten Pedersen have opened well, adding 63 for the first wicket, and with the solid Carsten Pedersen (only man to pass 10 against Ireland IIRC) at the crease, they could pass 250 with this platform. A win would send them third in the championship.

Norway have also started well against Jersey in the promotion play-off: a win secures a place in Division One of the European Championship in 2008. In the group stage, Norway collapsed to 168 in 40 overs, but they're now 62/0 in 17, with Sameer Sachdev (the Indian alibi of the squad) having ground out 13 off 49 deliveries. There's a number of hitters to come, tho, so they should post 250 as well.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to Norway for winning Div 2 and quailfying for Div 1 next year. Looks like they are moving up in the world of cricket. ODIs here they come...