• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** European Championships

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Kenya vs Canada First ODI

Kenya 2/109 after 28 overs.

A slow start by the openers, but at least Kennedy has got some runs under his belt.
Patel out for 6 needs to be replaced by Muange next game.

Tikolo now at the crease and has upped the run rate - he needs to stick around and provide the foundation for an assault from here on in.

Steulen

International Regular
Today's result (remember, this is an official ODI)

Ireland 240/8 (Morgan run out for 99) - Scotland 155ao.

Big win for the irish. Is this their first official ODI win, by chance, or was one of their earlier victories over a Test playing nation (Windies, Zim IIRC) an ODI?

Ireland big favourites for the title now. If the Nedtherlands manage to beat Scotland tomorrow, the Netherlands vs. Ireland ODI will be a real Championship final.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Kenya finished on 9/237 after losing some late wickets in a half-successful attempt to increase the run rate.

Canada 3/63 after 14 in reply.

Pretty much even match so far. Not good for the nerves after a night of no sleep :wacko:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Steulen said:
Big win for the irish. Is this their first official ODI win, by chance, or was one of their earlier victories over a Test playing nation (Windies, Zim IIRC) an ODI?
No, they made their ODI debut in June.

Scotland need to get Blain out ASAP. He's living on past memories. Also big ups to McCallan for his slog, and Eoin Morgan for a Joyce-style 99.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
We had them in a similar position on the I.C, so too early for me to get excited just yet.

Hope Odhiambo has been amongst the wickets again.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I hope this is not too off-topic and still relevant to this thread.

Anyone heard anymore about the Can-Neth-Ber deries in SA towards the end of the year?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Goughy said:
I hope this is not too off-topic and still relevant to this thread.

Anyone heard anymore about the Can-Neth-Ber deries in SA towards the end of the year?
It is due to be played from 26 November to 2 December. The Dutchies went on a winter tour of South Africa last season, and have agreed to have their two "home" Intercontinental Cup (four-day) fixtures against Bermuda and Canada there (either side of the triangular). With the Dutchies well placed in that series, there are decent shouts for an all-European final, assuming Netherlands can beat Canada and the UAE doesn't turn up excellent results in their home leg in January. The series will be welcome practice from Bermuda, who have had some crucial match practice against Kenya sacrificed on the altar of Mammon.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Cheers, it will just have to wait until CricInfo cover it then.

I can't believe these got ODI status. Very odd.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
James said:
Cheers, it will just have to wait until CricInfo cover it then.

I can't believe these got ODI status. Very odd.
Giving Kenya ODI status again isn't that stupid. It's now prompted Supersport to buy the rights for the upcoming Bangladesh v Kenya series.

Maybe agreed on the other five, though, but in that case Zimbabwe, England, Pakistan and Sri Lanka wouldn't have bothered to play them. The developing nations need match practice outside the World Cup and ICC Trophy, and giving them ODI status is a good way of going about it.

Edit: Err?! Canada and Kenya have nothing to do with the European Championships - they're half a world away. Why merge the threads? (There is an official Kenya in Canada thread you could merge with...)