• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

great game on christmas day

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
played against my cousin who is in Brooke Walkers team.

Field: an average distance between batter and bowler. a shed it very close to u .very small fence area. a shallow hole where the batter stands because of years of use there (my cousins are about 25)

Rules: Auto Wicky, one hand one bounce. over the fence is out. hit the shed which is only one metre away from u in the square and cover area is out. only get fours from drives into the back fence (quite a distance).

Result: i got a recond for most ducks, 7! from full blooded cover drives into the shed (smashing a window in one of them with a tennis ball, honestly). bowled beautiful offies into the whole which made my look good cos it was going into the whole and turning sharply. got them out cheaply. Batted well......twice!, two fours in a row (i got my eye in and my foot work was literally the best in my life). ended when i nearly collapsed from to much heat and bbq food........we called it a draw!!!!

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
That pretty much sums up how we play when we are visiting my matenal Grandfather's for Christmas.

It was (and still is) an annual tradition that the bat and ball would come out after we'd open our gifts when my cousins all came over.

The disagreements over the batting and bowling order would start until my Grandfather would hand the bat to me and the ball to my brother ( or vice versa) as we were the oldest!!

The game would usually go for a few days with us picking up where we left off the day before. With the BBQ firing and the beer flowing (for those of us who were old enough to have it!!) it was a great way to enjoy an Aussie summer!

[Edited on 6/16/02 by Eyes_Only]

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
My local cricket club used to challenge the footy club at Christmas. One year, cricket, the next year football (all for charity).

One year, it had snowed heavily on Boxing Day morning. It was cricket's turn, of course. We tried to clear a pitch but the damned stuff just blew back on the wicket.

After 10 minutes, we went to the pub and played cricket on the dartboard. A much better idea.