• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GOLDEN PAIRS:Choose your favourite pairs to battle with each other

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
adharcric said:
Warne and Murali to Tendulkar and Lara!
That's mine too. :)

But given how well Lara and Sachin play spin, I think the probability of victory would be to the batters in such a match up.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Run like Inzy said:
Historically maybe Mcgrath/Warne v Bradman
I reckon Bradman wouldn't have lasted all that long with both of them in their prime
That'd be pretty good, just in terms of seeing how his skills would transfer to the modern day. Don't agree with him not lasting long though, I reckon he'd go just as well as he used to.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
andyc said:
That'd be pretty good, just in terms of seeing how his skills would transfer to the modern day. Don't agree with him not lasting long though, I reckon he'd go just as well as he used to.
I think it would have taken him a few innings to figure out the variety the two bowlers possess. Might be more challenging than anything from his era

bagapath

International Captain
i've been watching cricket from 1981. here is my selection of golden pairs for each decade.

80s

Viv Richards and Sunil Gavaskar facing Imran Khan and Malcolm Marshall.

90s

Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara facing Wasim Akram and Shane Warne.

2000s

Ricky Ponting and Rahul Dravid facing Glen McGrath and Muralitharan.

Last edited:

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
bagapath said:
i've been watching cricket from 1981. here is my selection of golden pairs for each decade.

80s

Viv Richards and Sunil Gavaskar facing Imran Khan and Malcolm Marshall.

90s

Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara facing Wasim Akram and Shane Warne.

2000s

Ricky Ponting and Rahul Dravid facing Glen McGrath and Muralitharan.
That sounds damn good, I'd go with that. Good work mate.

bagapath

International Captain
if you are talking about one bowler vs one batsman then an all-aussie match-up of trumper vs warne would be hard to beat for thrills, suspense, class and style.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Ambrose and Holding
vs
Stan McCabe and Walter Hammond on a Sabina Park pitch from the 80's.