• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Total Wastes

FRAZ

International Captain
The players whom talent was wasted and were not handled well and they had all the potential to be successful on the international level .The selectors ,the management and the media just couldn't handle em properly .Result ,they were wasted .
1.Azhar Mahmood
2.Saqlain Mushtaq
3.Sanjay Manjerakar
4. Mushtaq Ahmed
5. Bob Woolmer

Swervy

International Captain
FRAZ said:
The players whom talent was wasted and were not handled well and they had all the potential to be successful on the international level .The selectors ,the management and the media just couldn't handle em properly .Result ,they were wasted .
1.Azhar Mahmood
2.Saqlain Mushtaq
3.Sanjay Manjerakar
4. Mushtaq Ahmed
5. Bob Woolmer
Bob Woolmer????

From what I can remember Woolmer was did ok at county level and found himself in the England team...not what I would call wasted.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Saqlain and Mushtaq had pretty good International careers. They could've been MORE successful based on their talent, but they were not "wasted" IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Saqlain was still wasted IMO. He could have been not just more, but so much more! He's always the first that comes to mind when I think of him. I was sure he was going to end his career the best ODI bowler ever.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Saqlain and Mushtaq had pretty good International careers. They could've been MORE successful based on their talent, but they were not "wasted" IMO.
They may have had pretty good careers but they did not progress as many expected and Mushtaq could certainly played more games if the selectors so wished.

I think many would have exected them to achieve more than they did/have.

From a recent English perspective, if the selectors and squad mentality had been more like today I have little doubt that Hick, Ramprakash, Tufnell and Caddick would have been far more successful. I think their talents were wasred by the English cricket establishment by their inability to handle players of fragile temperament.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Saqlain was still wasted IMO.
Not the total waste though. :p

Total waste were

Laxman Sivaramakrishnan,
Murali Kartik (I got it right this time :p )
Sadanand Vishvanath
Mohammad Akram,
Mohammad Zahid
Shane Watson (Australia's answer to Flintoff)

FRAZ

International Captain
Swervy said:
Bob Woolmer????

From what I can remember Woolmer was did ok at county level and found himself in the England team...not what I would call wasted.
Your answer is all there in your reply my friend . Its all there !!!!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FRAZ said:
But what is there to suggest that Bob Woolmer was any better than an average County/Test player? He averaged about the same in both forms. That seems to indicate that he simply was average.

FRAZ

International Captain
Fusion said:
Absolutely rubbish display of knowledge about Saqlain and partialy right about Mushtaq. Saqi was one of the most succesfull bowlers in the ODI history my friend . You call it success when gentleman's injury was not handled well . And remember he had a problem with the selectors and Javed Miandad .And actually now he has wasted himself by being involved in some personal activities along with Saeed Anwar.
http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerOverview_ODI.asp?PlayerID=2032
You should have checked the record of the gentleman and should have written your reply afterwards
Record for fastest wickets milestones in the history

50 Ajit Agarkar
100 Saqlain Mushtaq
150 Saqlain Mushtaq
200 Saqlain Mushtaq
250 Saqlain Mushtaq

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
But what is there to suggest that Bob Woolmer was any better than an average County/Test player? He averaged about the same in both forms. That seems to indicate that he simply was average.
Read the gentleman's biography please. He has stated it all there my friend . He shpuld have been given some more time but Alas !! By the way nice to see you !!!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FRAZ said:
Read the gentleman's biography please. He has stated it all there my friend . He shpuld have been given some more time but Alas !! By the way nice to see you !!!
Oh right... because his biography says he was more talented than his results, that proves it? I stand corrected. 8-)

FRAZ

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Not talented enough to keep his arm straight, sadly.
Actually was not given proper training and he was passing from one hand to another to get some education about getting the hand straight . Should have been reffered to Sarfraz in the first place ... And did not have proper representatives to

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Um, considering he's in his mid-20's, and is at short odds to start the Ashes after his top form in the recent Top End Series, I don't think so.

Swervy

International Captain
FRAZ said:
what..that I said 'was did' for some reason.

he was merely average anyway