• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Government pays NZC $406,000

FRAZ

International Captain
Great job and a good ending .
Soprts and Politics are two seperate issues . One gotta keep'em seperate. I guess there should have been more penalty on the governement . Tired of these cancelled tours due to fire crackers , bla and bla.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
I think it is fair enough that the Government pays NZC $406,000, it's about time they give money to NZC. Also thehe Government pressured NZC into stopping the tour so it is fair that they pay.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I **personally** think that Zimbabwe should have been allowed to tour, so I support the government paying NZC for lost revenue.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
NZC was looking down the barrel after this tour cancellation so it's good to see the Govt come to the party with a decent amount.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It sounds fair enough to me - I just wondered what the non-cricket fans thought about it over there.