• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the 23-30 of July

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Nnanden 9,000 posts
BoyBrumby 8,000 Posts
The Baconator 2,000 Posts
Fraz 2,000 Posts
Steulen 1,000 Posts
MikeW 1,000 Posts

We would love another team member to help Marc pick out worthy posts/winners. Please email us if you are interested. :)

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: tooextracool for this click here well constructed argument, not sure if it will happen, but well thought out

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is GerantIsMyHero for this click here very popular thread, special mention to silentstriker, who is putting a lot of effort into this thread

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: no award this week. We have searched the boards and could find nothing of a high enough standard

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Goughy, all over the boards this week and seems to be debating with someone on something, on most threads

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: TT Boy click here So many to choose from, but in the end we decided this was real Greigy material :cool:

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: silentstriker click here Someone nominated this post for the Skull. We have our suspicions as to who that someone was

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: tooextracool, knows his modern English/Indian cricket. And by all reports is not a big fan of James Foster :laugh:

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Goughy Seems to have a big week and then a quiet week, well done. Just for the record I think Wasim by a nose over McGrath.:p

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: deeps, good to see him back posting.

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Langeveldt click here Good pic this, captures the moment of the ‘death rattle’ perfectly

The SS award for the biggest …….(I am sure most of you will know what this award is for, and the winner is: silentstriker click here there were about a dozen posts all on the same theme of SL declaring, but this one gives you the general theme:ph34r:

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Um, I nominated myself of course. Nothing suspicious about it. :laugh:

Plus, its only fair that I win my own award, right?

FRAZ

International Captain
People from AAAS are just differnet . They are just different !!!
They are famous and they do not take kindly to the normal world .They have their own passionate idologies and they stress to make things look their own pleasent way . I salute their passion. They are just ..........different . I do not qualify for AAAS but some day !!!!!!
Peace

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought I was a shoe-in for the Eager. Maybe my lack of taking/posting photographs was my undoing.

archie mac

International Coach
benchmark00 said:
I thought I was a shoe-in for the Eager. Maybe my lack of taking/posting photographs was my undoing.
Yes, you were a little unlucky, we certainly considerd you long and hard:laugh:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to all winners and milestone reachers. Especailly Steulen for his 1000th post

FRAZ

International Captain
Congratulations to all the winners.
@ Archie
And Archie I have a question for you and that is "Approximately how many (normal human)steps apart are the stumps on an international level wicket" ? I am asking this because whenever I play with my friends i.e. (Tape ball cricket) we always keep a distance of approximately 24 steps (normal walk steps) . Just was wondering that how many steps apart is an international wicket ? stump to stump distance?
Thanks in advance

archie mac

International Coach
FRAZ said:
Congratulations to all the winners.
@ Archie
And Archie I have a question for you and that is "Approximately how many (normal human)steps apart are the stumps on an international level wicket" ? I am asking this because whenever I play with my friends i.e. (Tape ball cricket) we always keep a distance of approximately 24 steps (normal walk steps) . Just was wondering that how many steps apart is an international wicket ? stump to stump distance?
Thanks in advance
22 yards, which I have always used 22 steps to measure out :)

But maybe your friend has small steps, so 24 should be okay:happy:

FRAZ

International Captain
archie mac said:
22 yards, which I have always used 22 steps to measure out :)

But maybe your friend has small steps, so 24 should be okay:happy:
Thank you very much . Yes you are kinda right and we take the measurement of the crease from the stump as like one full bat and the handle . Works for us . And we also take the measurement of the wide (just for the umpiring sake) as the bat without the handle from the off stump or the leg stump and if the ball passes over the line (wide mark) then it is a wide(on the line) Cuz cannot affoard to fight on every ball that it is a wide or not . lol .
And 2nd main question and that is how many steps is the boundry rope away from the centre of the pitch (in a standard ground) ?

archie mac

International Coach
FRAZ said:
Thank you very much . Yes you are kinda right and we take the measurement of the crease from the stump as like one full bat and the handle . Works for us . And we also take the measurement of the wide (just for the umpiring sake) as the bat without the handle from the off stump or the leg stump and if the ball passes over the line (wide mark) then it is a wide(on the line) Cuz cannot affoard to fight on every ball that it is a wide or not . lol .
And 2nd main question and that is how many steps is the boundry rope away from the centre of the pitch (in a standard ground) ?
As far as I know there is no standard ground size, but from the MCG it is 123 steps to the Ponsford stand :laugh:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Surely we have to make an award for the most characters in a post.. FRAZ looks to top that of late..

Steulen

International Regular
Goughy said:
Congrats to all winners and milestone reachers. Especailly Steulen for his 1000th post
Thanks, Goughy. Quite proud that it took me just under two years to do it. Mind you, that's still more than a post a day so I qualify for Official Web Geekdom nevertheless.

Quite gutted that CW did not give me the special Mark Richardson Award for this momentous feat.

I tell you, us Associate Members are not being taken seriously around here. :(

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Steulen said:
Thanks, Goughy. Quite proud that it took me just under two years to do it. Mind you, that's still more than a post a day so I qualify for Official Web Geekdom nevertheless.
(
Didn't notice that, orelse i would have pointed it out.. damn missed opportunity..