• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great Spin Bowling Combinations

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
What do guys think are some of the finest spin duo's or trio's to have played in a test match ?

Some worthy ones off the top of my head to consider:
Valentine and Ramadhin
Bedi, Chandra and Prasanna
O'Reilly and Grimmett

Some modern ones...
McGill and Warne
Mushy and Saqlain
Kumble and Harbhajan

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Gajanayake said:
What do guys think are some of the finest spin duo's or trio's to have played in a test match ?

Some worthy ones off the top of my head to consider:
Valentine and Ramadhin
Bedi, Chandra and Prasanna
O'Reilly and Grimmett

Some modern ones...
McGill and Warne
Mushy and Saqlain
Kumble and Harbhajan
not considering quartets?

bedi, chandra, pras and venkat....:)

adharcric

International Coach
shouldn't even be a doubt about the greatest ever spin combo ... bedi-prasanna-chandra-venkat easily

archie mac

International Coach
armchairumpire said:
What about Ashley Mallett and Terry Jenner?
Often had to compete for the one spot, from memory. Especially when Lawry was captain did not seem to rate spin bowling at all :@

Hugh

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Warne and Harbhajan bowling to Cullinan and Ponting would be a sight to behold..

Autobahn

State 12th Man
archie mac said:
Often had to compete for the one spot, from memory. Especially when Lawry was captain did not seem to rate spin bowling at all :@
i think john Gleeson was also often in the mix wasn't he?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Murali & Silentstriker :ph34r:

I'd go for 36 runs an over, and we'd still be the best spin partnership in history.

Although I figure I have a decent shot at Afridi as my sole wicket.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Hodgo7 said:
Hard to go past O'Reilly and Grimmett (from what I've read).
Laker and Wardle (bowlers with 2 of the lowest post-war bowling averages) played together in 17 tests.