• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Piece of Cricketing History

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Just saw this in cricinfo and i thought it was incredible..

Cricinfo said:
Club side all out...for 5

Cricinfo staff

July 26, 2006

A village side in North Yorkshire narrowly missed out on one of the worst recorded scores after their team were bowled out for just five - with all the runs coming from extras.

Not a single batsman from Goldsborough Second XI managed to break their duck against Dishforth, the league-leaders, who rolled over their opponents in just 12 overs in a hectic 60 minutes. The only runs they could muster came from four byes and a leg-bye in what is thought to be the lowest score in the 112-year history of the Nidderdale and District Amateur Cricket League. Gavin Hardisty, Dishforth's opening bowler, ended with the remarkable figures of 7 for 0.

"I wouldn't have thought it was possible if I hadn't seen it happen," the Dishforth captain, Steve Wilson, told The Daily Mail. "It was really tough for them, everything they hit just went wrong. The game was over in an hour, which is also a first in my experience. We put our tail-enders in first and they managed to get themselves out for no runs as well."

Peter Horseman, the Goldsborough captain, was understandably lost for words and described the experience as "surreal" and "embarrassing."

"We could have got a run but the batsman had just been hit on the foot the ball before and he turned down the chance," he said. "When we were nought for four I jokingly said it would be strange if we were all out for ducks.

"But I certainly didn't plan it like that. You would have thought even when we were seven or eight down someone would have got an edge or something to get a run."

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah I was reading that as well. Loved the quote being used in the "quote unquote" section.

"It was a very very dodgy wicket"