• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Specs XI

irfan

State Captain
From my thread that I made:
Altoz
Andmark
Ash Chalk
Cameel (wears contacts)
Fuller (FaaipDeOiad)
Sangeep (Masterblaster)
Patrick (Nnadan)
Greg (NZTailender)
Protean (only some of the time)
Pete Young
SJS
Spitfires_Fan
Sean (steds)
Morek (Samuel_Vimes)
cpr
Neil Pickup
Swervy
LHC
Burgey
Sudeep (?)
KiwiNinja
Towns (Loony Bob)
Manee
Any one else?
Looks like quite a few ppl on here need to get away from their computer screens...

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Altoz
Andmark
Ash Chalk
Cameel (wears contacts)
Fuller (FaaipDeOiad)
Sangeep (Masterblaster)
Patrick (Nnadan)
Greg (NZTailender)
Pete Young
SJS
Spitfires_Fan
Sean (steds)
Morek (Samuel_Vimes)
cpr
Neil Pickup
Swervy
LHC
Burgey
Sudeep (?)
KiwiNinja
Towns (Loony Bob)
Manee
Sanga1337
Kweek
Any one else?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Altoz
Andmark
Ash Chalk
Cameel (wears contacts)
Fuller (FaaipDeOiad)
Sangeep (Masterblaster)
Patrick (Nnadan)
Greg (NZTailender)
Pete Young
SJS
Spitfires_Fan
Sean (steds)
Morek (Samuel_Vimes)
cpr
Neil Pickup
Swervy
LHC
Burgey
Sudeep (?)
KiwiNinja
Towns (Loony Bob)
Manee
Sanga1337
Any one else?
I'm in, as an opener (fairly stable) and a part-time medium pace (mainly leg cutter) bowler...And yes, I wear glasses (though u must know by now that I don't sleep wearing glasses :) ) ...

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do we count guys with contacts in the team? If so, guys like Ganguly, M Hussey, Amla, etc. would qualify.

Polo23

International Debutant
Contacts arent glasses.

Rodney Redmond (NZ's 1 test wonder) wore glasses didnt he? The reason for him only playing 1 test was that he struggled to adapt to wearing contact lenses, so that would suggest he batted in glasses beforehand wouldnt it?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, pretty sure the footage I've seen of that Pakistan test shows a glasses-less Rodney Redmond.

archie mac

International Coach
I just finished a diary on the 1949 NZ tour of England. It was written by Walter Hadlee who wore glasses.

I was trying to name a specs wearing XI and found one on Cricinfo which I wasn't that impressed with as they didn't have a wicket keeper.

Then I remembered SJS came up with one back in the day. Yet again CW amateurs comes up with the goods over the Cricinfo pros.

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah, he bowls with his glasses off.
I mean, I know a groan and response of "that's terrible" is almost supposed to be the best reaction to a pun, but really...

(secretly wishes he'd thought of it first)

Last edited: