• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One of my worst games ever

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Infact, it might be the worst ever, it was a school match here's what happened....

I come in at number three, and after leaving a wide one i come down the pitch, hit it out the middle of the bat with every bit of muscle I had, and i was caught at extra cover.

Despite bowling a better line, I managed to complete one over and get hit for twelve. althogh I did get a faint edge of some tailender, it wasnt given.

I missed one great run out oppurtunity, just letting the ball go a bit late.

and, probably fortunately on the luck I had, no catches came my way.

so, lets look at this again

Batting - Head 0 (2) b N Price c J Drizen mins 1 S/R 0

Bowling - Head 1-0-12-0

0 Run outs

0 Catches.

Pretty bad? Tell us about your worst game, if you wouldnt mind :laugh:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Cheer up. It's not that bad.
I once bowled a no ball which was hit for four, then was smacked over my head for 6 off my first legal ball, which happened to be the winning runs. Leaving me with amazing figures of 0.1-0-11-0

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
ouch. But like you say couldve been worse, like when Gower bowled a no-ball and he was hit for four which won the game leaving him on 0-0-4-0:laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
steds said:
I once bowled a no ball which was hit for four, then was smacked over my head for 6 off my first legal ball, which happened to be the winning runs. Leaving me with amazing figures of 0.1-0-11-0
An economy rate of 66, marvellous, well done steds

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
steds said:
I thought that extras dont actually go on your total amount of runs conceded, so by my reckoning, its actually 10 off 0.1, leaving you with a slightly improved econ. of 60

But Im probably wrong

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tomm NCCC said:
I thought that extras dont actually go on your total amount of runs conceded, so by my reckoning, its actually 10 off 0.1, leaving you with a slightly improved econ. of 60

But Im probably wrong
No-balls and wides have counted against the bowler since the 2000 Code revision.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Neil Pickup said:
Not their fault; the keeper's to blame..
Well that makes sense, but overthrows go against them, don't they? And they don't get awarded wickets for drops :) LOl I'm just being pedantic

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Worst game of backyard cricket I had...

Was a game of driveway cricket. I caught someone out so I got to bat. The players crossed so I was at the non-strikers end. The other batsman hit the ball and I was run out :S Everyone agreed I should be given another go. First ball up and I get clean bowled. But i'm given not out as we have the golden duck rule.

Second ball I heave a big edge and get caught out - kind of a hat trick against me!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
As far as comps go. Playing for the school when I was 12. Opened the batting but was run out without facing a ball. Managed to take a wicket from my 2 overs that I was allowed but for 20 runs :(

In another match I made 3, missed 2 run outs and a catch.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
The worst game i played in was when i was bowled the fourth of my four alloted overs and it was the last of the innings. Although they had no chance of winning it was still very poor. I kept bowling on middle stump and because of the pitch it kept seaming down leg-side and kept been called wide and finally when i got one straight it was a no-ball. II then reduced my run up dramatically down to a from 14 steps to ONE and finally was able to bowl the fifth legal ball of the over. On the last ball the batter hit the ball straight back at me and i dropped it...easiest catch ever dropped and to top it off the double runner started running when i dropped it and i grabbed the ball and threw the ball underarm at the stumps and missed. I was so dissapointed with that performance! I must have bowled like 12 balls altogether in the over.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`ve taken 2/47 from 6 and had a 19-ball duck in a match. :D

EDIT: Looked up the scorecard, my last over went for 22. Oh my goodness.

luffy

International Captain
I was captain in a prmary school game and the pitch would of been great to bowl on so i chose to bat. I scored 27 off 37 overs as the openers and let through 10 byes bowled 3 overs and got hit for 29.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
My first ever seniors match, aged 12, for my club's 2nd XI, batting at number 5, coming in at 87/3. Attempted to slog sweep my first ball off middle stump, and was uprooted, humiliating in the extreme.

luffy

International Captain
My first ever seniors match, aged 12, for my club's 2nd XI, batting at number 5, coming in at 87/3. Attempted to slog sweep my first ball off middle stump, and was uprooted, humiliating in the extreme.
Damn you were 12 and playing 2nd XI, whats the comp like??