• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kenya in Canada

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Kenya squad as announced yesterday:

Steve Tikolo
Thomas Odoyo
Hitesh Modi
Kennedy Obuya
Collins Obuya
Tanmay Mishra
Hiren Variaya
Peter Ongondo
Jimmy Kamande
Tony Suji
Nehemiah Odhiambo Ngoche
Timothy Muange
Brijal Patel

non travelling reserves:
David Obuya
Joseph Angara
Dar**** Shah

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Canada Squad:

John Davison
Ian Billcliff
Sunil Dhaniram
Pubudu Dassanayake
Qaiser Ali
Hani Dhillon
Sanjay Thuraisingham
George Codrington
Austin Codrington
Surendra Seeraj
Don Maxwell
Henry Osinde
Kevin Sandher
Ashish Bagai
Nic Ifill
Puvendran Ravishankar
Desmond Chumney
Umar Bhatti
Naresh Patel
Stewart Heaney
Geoff Barnett

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
This is a triangular, right? Bermuda are coming too, and then there's the Kenya v Canada Intercontinental clash scheduled somewhere in here?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
This sounds like a fantastic series. Three of my favorite minnows! I gotta say I like all of the teams playing, however I'll be going for Canada because they're my unofficial favorites.
Carn Davison!

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
This was originally going to be a tri series built around Canada's two home Intercontinental cup games. Due to Kenya hosting Bangladesh, the two ODIs between Kenya and Bermuda are now rescheduled for after their I.C match in Nairobi in November.

Dates for Canada vs. Kenya:

July 29th - Aug 1st Canada. Intercontinental Cup

Aug 5th - Canada. ODI.

Aug 6th - Canada. ODI.

Dates for Canada vs. Bermuda:

Aug 12th - 15th Intercontinental Cup

Aug 19th ODI

Aug 21st ODI

Xuhaib - I hope you're right!

FRAZ

International Captain
I think that Kenya will give us good fight and we will get some practise for the up-coming competitions . Hmmm I dont really expect upsets by Kenya but I wish and pray that they (Kenya) should atleast give us good fight .

Last edited:

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
My prediction for this tour:

Kenya to win all three matches starting with a big batting performance on the back of a Steve Tikolo century in the Intercontinental Cup.

It will be interesting to see how the respective youngsters go.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FRAZ said:
I think that Kenya will give us good fight and we will get some practise for the up-coming competitions . Hmmm I dont really expect upsets by Kenya but I wish and pray that they (Kenya) should atleast give us good fight .
Upsets by Kenya?!

FRAZ

International Captain
Yeah so !! They (Keneyans) are playing here at our home . I am definately going there to support my team (If they will play at this cricket club in Toronto) .

FRAZ

International Captain
First thing first ,Cricinfo will be there I guess for the scores and secondly why this thread isn't official yet .I almost forgot it . hehe

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Kenya seem to have taken the honours for the morning session restricting Canada to 5/89 at lunch.
Can't yet find out who took the wickets/got the runs.
Still, a very positive start from us :)

Edited - I gave them 4 less runs than I should

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Chemosit said:
Kenya seem to have taken the honours for the morning session restricting Canada to 5/85 at lunch.
Can't yet find out who took the wickets/got the runs.
Still, a very positive start from us :)
Heh. Tikolo could outscore Canada at this rate. ;)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Heh. Tikolo could outscore Canada at this rate. ;)
Or not. Absolutely woeful batting performance by Kenya - after Qaiser Ali, a Pakistani with one match for Rawalpindi B before moving to Canada, making a first-class high of 91 not out. Then Kenya lost both openers (including the prodigal son, Kennedy Obuya) for ducks, Steve Tikolo scored six runs before departing caught off Umar Bhatti, and nigh****chman Tony Suji made four.

14/4 chasing 235. Against Canada, a team that was roundly routed by Bermuda and Zimbabwe just a couple of months ago...