• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top cricket things not at a cricket ground

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
BoyBrumby said:
I don't know if it's my favourite thing, but I do like the language cricket has given us. It's used by non-cricket fans all the time without them realising its origins which always makes me smile.

I suppose the obvious examples are "caught out" when someone's been naughty & "hit for six" or alternatively "bowled over" when one is shocked.

A personal favourite of mine is "he/she had a good innings" when someone of ripe old years passes away. :)
When someone in a position of power is reeling out the lies, they "have more spin than Shane Warne"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
I love the cricket box that I wear out to nightclubs.
Random punters still lining up to kick you in the cods, huh? It's that trenchant, no-prisoners reporting style... :p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Random punters still lining up to kick you in the cods, huh? It's that trenchant, no-prisoners reporting style... :p
It's more because I have "busy hands"... :naughty:

Dravid

International Captain
Cricket Web without any doubt

My team off the ground, we have the best time together. We just talk about Cricket all day.

And ICC 2005, 2006.