• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Tri-Series in Sri Lanka (Sri Lanka, South Africa, India)**

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Jungle Jumbo said:
I'm not disputing that at all, separate matter. But if you organise any cricket in a monsoon season, and then it rains, can you really say that it was unlucky - even if it has now happened several times?
It was stupid to organize the Tri-series in the monsoon. However, all the 3 boards and the ICC are guilty for that particular stupidity. However, if SA had stayed on, the Tri-series would still have gone on. There would have been a few matches, maybe even a couple of completed games involving SA. This will now not be possible because SA decided to pull out. As a result SL lost some potential revenue. I am only saying that SA should pay for it.

Let me point out, that is precisely what you seemed to be disputing when you replied to my post saying SA should pay for the losses they caused SL

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
Well then they should be demanding money from 'Prabhakaran'.
No. Prabhakaran didn't ask them to leave. In any case, Prabhakaran does not have any authority over SA . SA chose to leave. They should pay.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
on what basis? Leaving a country on the reccomendation of an ICC-approved security council?
SA may twist the ICC's tail and get away citing precedents by Australia/West Indies who did not pay a cent for not playing , along with NZ (who at least had considerable justification for pulling out , because they tried hard to keep the tours going on the first occasion ) .

But all I can say is, if that happens, SA Cricket better watch out because, the Subcontinent is united in these type of issues and SA will face not only a cricketing backlash but there will definitely be Vengeance from the Subcontinent at every available opportunity from now on.

And there will be added incentive for subcontinental Teams to thrash the hell out of SA from now on and send them further into Cricketing Oblivion , that their form may indeed suggest that they rightfully deserve.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
Well then they should be demanding money from 'Prabhakaran'.
viktor said:
No. Prabhakaran didn't ask them to leave. In any case, Prabhakaran does not have any authority over SA . SA chose to leave. They should pay.
And Prabhakharan is looking for those who provided weapons to the Sri Lankan Government that killed 50 -60, 000 Tamils over the past 30 years and particularly those who provided bombs that killed 50 odd orphaned Tamil children at a school recently.

Lets not go there , SANZ . This is a cricketing forum and I hope every one here wants to keep it that way . There are political forums else where to discuss the rights and wrongs of everyone's actions and repercussions !!

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
JASON said:
SA may twist the ICC's tail and get away citing precedents by Australia/West Indies who did not pay a cent for not playing , along with NZ (who at least had considerable justification for pulling out , because they tried hard to keep the tours going on the first occasion ) .

But all I can say is, if that happens, SA Cricket better watch out because, the Subcontinent is united in these type of issues and SA will face not only a cricketing backlash but there will definitely be Vengeance from the Subcontinent at every available opportunity from now on.

And there will be added incentive for subcontinental Teams to thrash the hell out of SA from now on and send them further into Cricketing Oblivion , that their form may indeed suggest that they rightfully deserve.
lol, some serious tosh being spouted there.. I think you really mean New Zealand had more right to pull out of Pakistan because their bomb was closer..

Maybe this "United Subcontinental Front" could learn to play pace bowling, then you guys might one day win a series in SA :laugh: Cricketing Oblivion? Learn how to win away from home yourselves and I might take notice..

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
lol, some serious tosh being spouted there.. I think you really mean New Zealand had more right to pull out of Pakistan because their bomb was closer..
I can just picture the SA and NZ teams sitting round having a beer:

"Our bomb was closer than yours."

"Yeah? Well, ours was bigger, and Ashwell got a shrapnel cut. Beat that."

"Pffft. Is that all? Flem saw body parts flying everywhere - you guys didn't even come out of your hotel room. We definitely win the "oh, the humanity" section."

Langeveldt

Soutie
Voltman said:
I can just picture the SA and NZ teams sitting round having a beer:

"Our bomb was closer than yours."

"Yeah? Well, ours was bigger, and Ashwell got a shrapnel cut. Beat that."

"Pffft. Is that all? Flem saw body parts flying everywhere - you guys didn't even come out of your hotel room. We definitely win the "oh, the humanity" section."
"Yeah but we have Trish Pollock and Cindy Nel to go home to?!"

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
No I was referring to the 2 bombs that happened during NZ tours to SL .They tried to continue their first tour IIRC .

Langeveldt said:
Maybe this "United Subcontinental Front" could learn to play pace bowling, then you guys might one day win a series in SA :laugh: Cricketing Oblivion? Learn how to win away from home yourselves and I might take notice..
SA are pretty much declining in both Test and ODIs in the past 2-3 years , and the latest ICC ranking has SA 6th in Tests and extremely over rated in the second spot from a couple of home wins against Australia. This after they were knocked out of VB earlier this year in Australia too with pretty mediocre performances there.(This would have been severely battered too had they gone onto play this Tri Series , because they would have declined to below 5 or 6 after this series had they played it and no doubt lost most if not all their games ).

In Tournaments that matter ie Champions Trophy , World Cup, SA struggle, and I have little doubt that in those 2 upcoming events SA will struggle to get anywhere.

We shall see.

BTW I cannot remember SA winning anything significant away from home in terms of ODI tournaments ... so how they manage to be so highly over rated at No. 2 begs the question ... :huh: :unsure:

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
With regard to winning away from home, SA struggle even to win at home as they showed at the World Cup in 2003 !!:laugh: :laugh:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
No I was referring to the 2 bombs that happened during NZ tours to SL .They tried to continue their first tour IIRC .

SA are pretty much declining in both Test and ODIs in the past 2-3 years , and the latest ICC ranking has SA 6th in Tests and extremely over rated in the second spot from a couple of home wins against Australia. (This would have been severely battered too had they gone onto play this Tri Series , because they would have declined to below 5 or 6after this series had they played it and no doubt lost most if not all their games ).

In Tournaments that matter Champions Trophy , World Cup SA struggle, and I have little doubt that in those 2 upcoming events SA will struggle to get anywhere.

We shall see.

BTW I cannot remember SA winning anything significant away from home in terms of ODI tournaments ... so how they manage to so highly over rated at No. 2 begs the question ... :huh: :unsure:
And the 12 game unbeaten run...
The 4-0 win against New Zealand, a very good one day outfit...
The drawn series in India...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
TT Boy said:
And the 12 game unbeaten run...
The 4-0 win against New Zealand, a very good one day outfit...
The drawn series in India...
Lots of home wins .....
Not in ODIs that matter ....but in meaningless ones and mostly home wins ..:happy: :happy: :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Yes it would appear they did, by not scoring as many runs as we did over the course of 50 overs..
I Suspect... because you were getting battered over and over ...perhaps wanting to give you a break before the Test series battering...:D :D :laugh:

Langeveldt

Soutie
JASON said:
Lots of home wins .....
Not in ODIs that matter ....but in meaningless ones and mostly home wins ..:happy: :happy: :p
Ironic that a series between numbers 1 and 2 doesn't matter, but this tri-series we have just pulled out of seems to be a matter of life or death..

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Lots of home wins .....
?
Jason what was the result of Sri Lanka's last one day home series?