• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Tri-Series in Sri Lanka (Sri Lanka, South Africa, India)**

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lostman said:
agarkar has always managed to get jayasuriya out everytime he has faced SL. Considering the ODI form that jaya is in and with his past performance against India, India should play agarkar just to bowl at jayasuriya and hide him against the rest of the line up.
Surely you mean SL line-up hide from AA? :p

;)

Lostman

State Captain
i just loooked at his career numbers against SL, and it is really good. 46 wickets in 21 games at an average of 19.23. He has dismissed jayasuriya 9 times, tharanga once, jayawardene 4 times, and sangakarra once. Also kalu 6 times and attapatu 5 times, I knew that SL's openers didnt have much success when agarkar played, but i didnt think that he had been that good.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SA likely to bounce back from the Test series and IMO will be certainly strong contenders given their amazing performance V Australia . Will Kallus return for the ODIs ?

My money on SA v India/SL in the final . India will be boosted by Sachin's return and they will be trying to put behind their poor showing against WI in the Caribbean.

I hope SL can maintain its form from England . Unfortunately they will be against 2 of the best bowling sides in ODIs unlike the opposition in England. But home advantage is in their favour.

Lostman

State Captain
the selectors have got something right finally. Mahela remains captain and Attapatu for the middle order:)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree, Jayawardene has done a good job of the captaincy and should be allowed to keep that position of responsibility. Attapatu will probably retire after the World Cup so it just gives them some time for Jayawardene to build his team and their confidence.

dinu23

International Debutant
my team for the first match:
1.sana
2.tharanga
3.mahela
4.sanga
5.atapattu
6.dilshan
7.maharoof
8.vaas
9.bandara
10.dilhara
11.murali

if dilhara's not fit then malinga.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My Team's for the First ODI

Sri Lanka
1. Jayasuriya
2. Tharanga
3. Jayawardene
4. Sangakkarra
5. Atapattu
6. Dilshan
7. Maharoof
8. Vaas
9. Fernando
10. Muralitharan
11. Malinga

If Fernando is unavailable then play Bandara, I also wouldn't be suprised if they try Kapugedara.

South Africa

1. Dippenaar
2. Hall
3. Gibbs
4. Prince
5. de Villiers
6. Boucher
7. Pollock
8. van der Wath
9. Telemachus
10. Nel
11. Ntini

I'm not quite sure about the SA line up, mainly because I don't know too much about some of there players and whether or not they are likely to play. Also Ntini may not be fit and opening with Hall was a bit of a gamble, but a move that could possibly happen.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
My selection for first ODI

Tharanga
Jayasuriya
Mahela
Atapattu
Kapugedera
Dilshan
Prasanna J
Maharoof
Vaas
Bandara
Malinga/ Dilhara

Rest Murali /Sangakkara

dinu23

International Debutant
JASON said:
My selection for first ODI

Tharanga
Jayasuriya
Mahela
Atapattu
Kapugedera
Dilshan
Prasanna J
Maharoof
Vaas
Bandara
Malinga/ Dilhara

Rest Murali /Sangakkara
even though your thoughts are noble I don't think they'll rest murali or sanga.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Is it be or has there been a lot of Tri-series in Sri where India have been involved over the last 3 years. The Asia Cup 2004, The Indian Oil Cup now this & South Africa Also lost 5-0 in Sri a year or two ago. I think based on SRI current form i'd back them to prevail in home conditions but who just them in the final is going to be interesting.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa have got all manner of injury problems mounting up, not on the scale of the VB series yet but Dale Steyn might have to play!

Boucher, Pollock and Ntini all doubts for the series opener, if Boucher missies out AB will keep.

Can not seem them troubling India or Sri Lanka but should be an interesting series nevertheless.

adharcric

International Coach
At full-strength, South Africa are right up there with the best in one-day cricket. As they are far from full-strength, I'm backing India and Sri Lanka to settle this one.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I just see that India played Sri Lanka A in a tour match, where India sealed a victory thanx to Yuvraj.. anyway was just wondering if anyone has actually seen the scorecard..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Not looking good for SA, I reckon we should toughen our boys up

Not relevant to the thread, but I saw Steve Hofmeyer sing live at a Blue Bulls game the other week. Quite the experience and nearly forced me to drink the free bar dry :)

For those not familiar with the talent of, the above pictured, Kurt Darren here is a treat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pmp7T3o5E0

Last edited: