• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Tri-Series in Sri Lanka (Sri Lanka, South Africa, India)**

dinu23

International Debutant
JASON said:
I don't support LTTE nor do I condone their acts of Terrorism, but Terrorism can be committed by Governments too , and I am not prepared to blame one party or side more than the other.

I will leave it at that . Dinu , I do not want to discuss politics here as that will divert the focus of this forum and we want this to be a friendly cricket forum free of Politics. I agree with Chipmonk who has put this well.
ok Jason, let's leave it at that and get back to cricket. sorry about all this James.

Sidharth

Cricket Spectator
hey the 2nd match of the bilateral series between sri lanka and india, also is called off due to heavy rain in srilanka

first the terrorism and then rainfall have marred the cricketing activity this season.
a sorry state for those, like me, anticipating a good contest

sid

dinu23

International Debutant
Tomm NCCC said:
Can I ask whose bright Idea it was to play cricklet during the countries monsoon season?
SL cricket board is totally at fault here, if the idiots had payed the rent for the Dambulla stadium, we would've been playing right now.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
The highlighted part in red is from someone else's article on Cricinfo !! (obviously you couldn't comprehed that !!).
that's right, the writer had highlighted that part himself and also changed the font size.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Just seen Percy Sonn condemning the SA pull out of Sri Lanka on cricinfo, highly ironic coming from someone who considers Johannesburg to be a "safe place"

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sangakkara, the most articulate of the Sri Lankan players added his two bits. "Our cricket board and our government offered the South Africans the best security cover possible, but it was their choice to go home. We are still keen to play cricket, India are still keen to play cricket. If the Indians are happy to play here, then I am in no position to comment on why South Africa did not feel safe in Colombo. It was supposed to be a tri-series, and two sides are still here and have decided to stay on and play cricket."

Sangakkara joins in.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
Just seen Percy Sonn condemning the SA pull out of Sri Lanka on cricinfo, highly ironic coming from someone who considers Johannesburg to be a "safe place"

Why is that ironic? If he thinks Johannesburg is a safe place, then Colombo comparatively is definatly a safe place.

Langeveldt

Soutie
silentstriker said:
Why is that ironic? If he thinks Johannesburg is a safe place, then Colombo comparatively is definatly a safe place.
Because Johannesburg is so not a safe place.. Just shows how his perceptions are warped.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
Sangakkara joins in.
So what if he did?

He also said "We saw that in England recently when, despite the threats, Pakistan decided to stay on and play cricket."

What threats were those?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
I did not make commentary - I was stating the fact that he also joined in and posted his opinion. That's sort of the point of these forums.
By ignoring other bits he said (with rather ludicrous comparisons) you added your own slant onto it.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
By ignoring other bits he said (with rather ludicrous comparisons) you added your own slant onto it.
That's a bit hypocritical calling them "ludicrous comparisons". As you've said to others (paraphrasing here), "you weren't there".

Sidharth

Cricket Spectator
The srilankan board today cancelled the ODI series bet india and srilanka as the weather was bad and no change of improvement was seen.

a series later in 2007 has been proposed

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dasa said:
That's a bit hypocritical calling them "ludicrous comparisons". As you've said to others (paraphrasing here), "you weren't there".
So bombs are the same as some threats (which haven't happened) then are they?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
So bombs are the same as some threats (which haven't happened) then are they?
You weren't there. How can you know how it may have affected them?