Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: The latest ICC Player Rankings

  1. #1
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    23,892

    The latest ICC Player Rankings


  2. #2
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    I never believed in Ntini but now I do. He is the most hard working bowler of the current bunch.
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

  3. #3
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,727
    No huge surprises there. I think they need to come up with an AR ranking top 5
    You know it makes sense.

  4. #4
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,835
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac
    No huge surprises there. I think they need to come up with an AR ranking top 5

    They do have one:

    Career Best
    1 J. Kallis SA 485
    2 A. Flintoff ENG 453
    3 S. Pollock SA 301
    4 D. Vettori NZ 290
    5 C. Vaas SL 270
    5 I. Pathan IND 270
    7 S. Jayasuriya SL 233
    8 S. Warne AUS 231
    9 C. Gayle WI 217
    10 A. Kumble IND 215
    Last edited by silentstriker; 18-07-2006 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing


  5. #5
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,727
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    They do have one:

    Career Best
    1 J. Kallis SA 485
    2 A. Flintoff ENG 453
    3 S. Pollock SA 301
    4 D. Vettori NZ 290
    5 C. Vaas SL 270
    5 I. Pathan IND 270
    7 S. Jayasuriya SL 233
    8 S. Warne AUS 231
    9 C. Gayle WI 217
    10 A. Kumble IND 215
    Well there you go, not to many genuine ARs on that list, I would think only the first three would be picked for their batting or bowling alone. Even then I would think only No.2 would be a %100 starter for both

    I wonder where Blee and Dizzy would rank?

  6. #6
    Cricketer Of The Year wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,904
    I was surprised to see Bond still in the top 10. How often has he played in the last couple of years?

  7. #7
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,856
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac
    Well there you go, not to many genuine ARs on that list, I would think only the first three would be picked for their batting or bowling alone. Even then I would think only No.2 would be a %100 starter for both

    I wonder where Blee and Dizzy would rank?
    The claim that Flintoff would make a team based on his batting isn't very true IMO, he isn't really a top 6 batsmen. His bowling would make a team, but his batting wouldn't, not that it isn't useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    15,087
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    The claim that Flintoff would make a team based on his batting isn't very true IMO, he isn't really a top 6 batsmen. His bowling would make a team, but his batting wouldn't, not that it isn't useful.
    Im inclined to agree with you. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if Flintoff was ever to be in an Oram-type situation in the future.

    Im sure he would still be picked as a batter but Im not sure it would be the best for the team.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  9. #9
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    Im inclined to agree with you. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if Flintoff was ever to be in an Oram-type situation in the future.

    Im sure he would still be picked as a batter but Im not sure it would be the best for the team.
    Freddie has the talent to average 40+ if he concentrates more on his batting while on the other hand Kallis would never be able to average under 25 even if he concentrates more on his bowling.

  10. #10
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib
    Freddie has the talent to average 40+ if he concentrates more on his batting while on the other hand Kallis would never be able to average under 25 even if he concentrates more on his bowling.
    In Kallis' prime, i disagree.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    15,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib
    Freddie has the talent to average 40+ if he concentrates more on his batting while on the other hand Kallis would never be able to average under 25 even if he concentrates more on his bowling.
    Well firstly I did not suggest that Kallis should be a current selection as a specialist bowler. I was saying its unlikely that Flintoff should be selected as a specialist batsman.

    Also it is debatable whether Flintoff can ever get his bowling average down below 25 before he retires and one thing Im sure of he will not retire with a batting average over 40 AND a bowling average under 25.

  12. #12
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Apart from seeing Hussey and Bond in there, it was nothing out of the ordinary- all of the usual suspects would be there I would think.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  13. #13
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    Well firstly I did not suggest that Kallis should be a current selection as a specialist bowler. I was saying its unlikely that Flintoff should be selected as a specialist batsman.

    Also it is debatable whether Flintoff can ever get his bowling average down below 25 before he retires and one thing Im sure of he will not retire with a batting average over 40 AND a bowling average under 25.

    Yes, even in his last 25 matches (where you started to consider him the world's best bar none), he averages 37 with the bat and 26 with the ball. And thats his prime. So no chance of retiring with over 40 and under 25. I mean, he is almost 29 already, so its not like he has another decade.

  14. #14
    U19 12th Man Run like Inzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Posts
    231
    Yeah but most batsman get better with age and Freddie is probably just entering his prime as a batsman at 29, look at Strauss he is 29 too and he only started playing 3 years ago. Other all rounders e.g. Imran greatly improved their batting during the latter part of their careers

  15. #15
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib
    Freddie has the talent to average 40+ if he concentrates more on his batting while on the other hand Kallis would never be able to average under 25 even if he concentrates more on his bowling.
    He's managed to average over 40 whilst his bowling has been improving (the last 2 or 3 years)
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Player Pages
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 27-08-2008, 09:10 PM
  2. Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick
    By DJellett in forum Battrick
    Replies: 10623
    Last Post: 17-10-2006, 12:20 PM
  3. Brian Lara 2007 Suggestions
    By Manee in forum General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •