• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Warning to Aussies with Ashes tickets and English fans who don't have tickets***

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you buy tickets to any sold out Ashes games from ebay or any other source, you could run the risk of having those tickets cancelled without refund.

Story here.

pasag

RTDAS
These people are scum. So many Australian cricket fans missed the opportunity of going to the greatest sporting event of the year because some opportunists wanted a quick buck.

Its CA fault really.

pasag

RTDAS
The main way would be making the purchase of tickets from a psyichal location as opposed to over the phone. That would make it much harder for some guy to get fifty tickets. Much less scalpers would come to the MCG or whatever at 9am in the morning as opposed to calling from the comfort of their own homes. I would think that some would still come, but alot wouldn't.

And I'm sure there are other ways. They had months to arrange for this.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pasag said:
The main way would be making the purchase of tickets from a psyichal location as opposed to over the phone. That would make it much harder for some guy to get fifty tickets. Much less scalpers would come to the MCG or whatever at 9am in the morning as opposed to calling from the comfort of their own homes. I would think that some would still come, but alot wouldn't.

And I'm sure there are other ways. They had months to arrange for this.
Haha pasag - can butcher.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
pasag said:
The main way would be making the purchase of tickets from a psyichal location as opposed to over the phone.
And where would this location be then?

Needs somewhere which can handle 100000 people safely (so would need a lot of police around to ensure public order is retained)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Worst system for buying tickets.

You would think, after waiting a combined 10 hours for both "family" and public ticket allocations, you would be able to get a single ticket anywhere on anyday. Yet i see hundreds of ****ing tickets on ebay.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Time for Ebay to act really and get rid of the ability to sell Ashes tickets
They won't, appartantly they can't take off those sales according to their policy act. Though they are able to take off other products

For any scalpers who get their tickets cancelled, all i can i say is sucked the **** in.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dasa said:
Umm...the hundreds of Ticketmaster outlets all around Australia?
So how do they allocate a set number of tickets to each outlet, and how do they police the whole thing?