• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite catches

James

Cricket Web Owner
Reading the BBC website today, I came across this page - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/5181666.stm and thought it would make a good thread.

What stands out for you as the best catches you've seen?

For me, I would say Matthew Sinclair's catch in Melbourne against Australia where he dived one-handed to his left on the boundary. And Nathan Astle's catch at Christchurch on the boundary in the most recent Chappel-Hadlee series.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The Dale one is quite phenomenal. There's been lots of great catches in test cricket, but that might be better than any of them.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Martin Snedden's great catch to dismiss Greg Chappell in THAT one-dayer in 1981.

Oh, hang on - Chappell wouldn't leave...

Cloete

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Beat me to it, chump.
FFS me too :laugh:

Instantly thoguht of it after reading the first post. I remember watching that match clearly :)

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My favourite catch is definitely the

Jones....Bowden....Kasprowicz the man to go

one from the nail-biting, sphincter-loosening denouement of the 2nd Ashes test in 2005. Not for any particular merit of the catch, just that I've never celebrated one more. :)