• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ya gotta love him too! - The Rahul Dravid appreciation thread

masterblaster

International Captain
Rahul "The Wall" Dravid is an absolute legend. His fourth consecutive century this season has boosted his average leaps and bounds. As always Rahul Dravid has been the mainstay of the Indian batting, India's best overseas player and the ultimate team man, he wicket kept for the team's cause, he batted at number six against australia for the teams cause, and now is scoring ton after ton.

Rahul is such a modest, down to earth and nice guy too, and isn't to arrogant about the gifts he possesses. His technique is awesome and when he is on song, is the hardest person to get out in world cricket.

Rahul Dravid - We Salute You

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Good form yes...but in England I still saw him blocking deliveries most batsmen would crash to the boundary...

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Rahul is such a modest, down to earth and nice guy too, and isn't to arrogant about the gifts he possesses.
Yes very true, I would say he's been the drudge of the Indian team over the years.

But, he seems to work too hard for what he gets, even when he's in good form never seems to be cruising. Maybe thats just way he plays his cricket.

I found it amusing, those qualities you mention are what people commonly ascribe with Waqar, and you dont seem to recognize that there :ticking:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Gotchya
Rahul is such a modest, down to earth and nice guy too, and isn't to arrogant about the gifts he possesses.
Yes very true, I would say he's been the drudge of the Indian team over the years.

But, he seems to work too hard for what he gets, even when he's in good form never seems to be cruising. Maybe thats just way he plays his cricket.

I found it amusing, those qualities you mention are what people commonly ascribe with Waqar, and you dont seem to recognize that there :ticking:
It was a problem in his initial years which even led to him being dropped from the one day side. However, the last NZ tour saw a drastic change in his approach especially in one dayers. From then on, he has been a regular in one dayers. In the last WC in '99, if you remember, he was the highest scorer and he scored his runs at a fair clip too. In tests, he has continued to play the part of "The Wall", but I believe that approach has served india well over the years. If there is one player prepared to pitch tent and camp at the wicket for ever, it frees up the stroke players to a large extent and lets them play their natural game.

masterblaster

International Captain
Originally posted by Rik
Good form yes...but in England I still saw him blocking deliveries most batsmen would crash to the boundary...
This is the way Rahul Dravid plays, he has the best powers of concentration in the world of cricket. He has been averaging over 50 for 95% of his cricketing career. In my book he has been the unsung hero of Indian Cricket for so very long and is one of my most favorite players. I look up to this man very much and respect him greatly, he is a champion.