Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnows Test Status Issue

International Captain

Minnows Test Status Issue

I think that the 5 day format should be introduced purely for the non test playing nations .
    I mean this method of picking and chosing minnows after they win one odd one dayer is not a good method at all . Minnows should be exposed to the longer version to learn the skills . And also the tours and tournamanets should be arranged properly and not just certain trophies or tournaments be given attention .
    For example Namibia visiting Holland
    5 one dayers and 2 tests ....
    Solutions?
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Isn't the idea of the ICC Trophy to give associates First Class experience?
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Its not called the ICC Trophy (thats OD for WC qualification).

Its called the ICC Intercontinental Cup

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2...HERS/ICC-CONT/
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    My bad

Banned
    well i think that the Intercontinental Cup is a bit riddled it doesnt actually give the nations a chance to string a lot of matches together thats why i think it would be better having an 8 Nation teir below the top teir with each of them playing two series a year 1 home 1 away each with 3 tests and 5 onde dayers this gives the smaller countries somethign to aim for.
    And i would hate to see this promotion relagation stuff just too inconsistent if a team had dominated this cup for say 5 or 6 years lets chuck em too the wolves and give Test Status.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance
    well i think that the Intercontinental Cup is a bit riddled it doesnt actually give the nations a chance to string a lot of matches together thats why i think it would be better having an 8 Nation teir below the top teir with each of them playing two series a year 1 home 1 away each with 3 tests and 5 onde dayers this gives the smaller countries somethign to aim for.
    And i would hate to see this promotion relagation stuff just too inconsistent if a team had dominated this cup for say 5 or 6 years lets chuck em too the wolves and give Test Status.
    Unfortunately, you can't do that, because they're all amateurs and can't take enough time off work.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Banned
    Yeah but say if a Test Playing Nation buddies up with one of these nations and helps funding it could help as well as the ICC chipping in to do there bit

Yeah but say if a Test Playing Nation buddies up with one of these nations and helps funding it could help as well as the ICC chipping in to do there bit
    England, who are hardly a poor Test nation, can barely afford their own central contracts. They need to find the money to give out more.

God only knows what Zimbabwe could afford to contribute.

The only way the Test nations can really help is to schedule games in those countries in order to raise revenue for the hosting Association.

International Captain
    I guess longer version helps improve the technical skills of the players . And I have another idea too and i.e. to ban the cement pitch cricket or the artificial pitch cricket . I mean it's ok to practise on'em but I do not think that proper matches should be played on cement pitches.
    I guess the idea that I presented i.e. to arrange and schedule the tours of the minnows just like the top class test playing nations is a good idea .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    England, who are hardly a poor Test nation, can barely afford their own central contracts. They need to find the money to give out more.

The only way the Test nations can really help is to schedule games in those countries in order to raise revenue for the hosting Association.
    but then Australia has 25 contracted players

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy

but then Australia has 25 contracted players and all england supply contracts for is for a below standard county championship that has way too many players in it where they could save so much just having 1 division

but then Australia has 25 contracted players and all england supply contracts for is for a below standard county championship that has way too many players in it where they could save so much just having 1 division
    But the ECB aren't paying county players, the clubs are?

No England contracts 12 players from the counties playing staff.

From next year, the Intercontinental Cup will be a round robin affair between the top 8 Associates giving each team seven 4-day matches. There will also be a final for the top two.
    With ODI's scheduled around the I.C matches (which seems to be the pattern at the moment), that will probably account for about as much as the Associates will be able to afford just at the moment. Certainly Kenya, who do pay the squad an allowance while training, plus a match fee, would struggle to pay for more just at the moment.
    As the sport grows in the Associates, and I'm sure it will, this could possibly be expanded.
    For those Associates who can afford it, I see no reason why they cannot arrange extra 4-day matches against each other without waiting for the ICC.
    Kenyacricket blog: Building a better future for Kenyan Cricket
    Become a fan of Kenya Cricket.com on facebook :

I dont know where to start with that statement so Ill just leave it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information