• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC adopts gender recognition policy

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I must've missed the clamour for cricket loving transsexuals to be allowed to play our sport in their assumed gender, but good for them anyway!

Maybe a chance for the truly committed to finally represent their country, it just requires the old fella being flayed & turned inside out, after all. Come on, how badly do you want it....? :p

From the ICC's site:

http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc-news/content/story/252701.html

The CEC also adopted the ICC Gender Recognition Policy thus enabling cricketers who have undergone gender reassignment surgery to play women's cricket at international level providing they meet the required criteria.

The adoption of such a policy follows the ICC's integration with the International Women's Cricket Council (IWCC) in 2005 and brings it into line with other international sporting organisations including the International Olympic Committee and the International Association of Athletics Federations.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
So what are the odds on Kabil Ali returning to the national team as Kate Ali?
Martin Crowe retired from Cricket due to struggling form thought to have been brought on by lot of Journos and fellow cricketers raising issues about his ***ual orientation !!

While I feel sorry for him over the whole issue , May be there will be a role for him in the NZ womens Team after few snips and cuts :laugh: and growing lot more hair or wearing a wig - perhaps a Martha Crowe ? :D

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Martin Crowe retired from Cricket due to struggling form thought to have been brought on by lot of Journos and fellow cricketers raising issues about his ***ual orientation !!
Just because you are a resident in our country, it does not mean you can rewrite history. He retired because of his knee, which had degenerated beyond belief.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
Just because you are a resident in our country, it does not mean you can rewrite history. He retired because of his knee, which had degenerated beyond belief.

All that kneeling down in front of....

Ok, I'll stop now. :ph34r:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Voltman said:
That's what was claimed officially . But there was lot of pressure on him over what I mentioned previously and there definitely was speculation from what I have heard(from my sources who are 3rd 4th generation Kiwis.:D ) that it was this more than anything that caused his premature retirement . But may be they were merely speculating .

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
That's what was claimed officially . But there was lot of pressure on him over what I mentioned previously and there definitely was speculation from what I have heard(from my sources who are 3rd 4th generation Kiwis.:D ) that it was this more than anything that caused his premature retirement . But may be they were merely speculating .
Maybe? Too bloody right they were. Believe me, my sources are better than yours.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cricinfo's take on the new policy. Link:

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/253578.html

Averaging under 30? Weighed down by the lack of prospects with your country? Don't call Claims Direct; visit your nearest plastic surgeon. That's right. Rid yourself of Mr Johnson and welcome on board his best friend for the ICC are now accepting gender-changed men to play women's cricket. We can't dampen our suspicion that this ruling has been in force for a number of years but rumour has it the law is relatively new. So look out for, how shall we say, taller, rather hairier female cricketers bowling at 10mph more than they really ought to be.

Not actually a million miles from my original sentiments:

Me said:
Maybe a chance for the truly committed to finally represent their country, it just requires the old fella being flayed & turned inside out, after all. Come on, how badly do you want it....? :p
Someone having a wee glance at cricketweb...?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby quoting Cricinfo said:
.We can't dampen our suspicion that this ruling has been in force for a number of years but rumour has it the law is relatively new.
:lol: Best taken as a joke, I s'pose. :D

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I suppose it would be better than him coming back as Kate And Allie.

Ok, OK, I'll see myself out...