• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stanford 20/20 Tournament

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
roseboy64 said:
Well the game on now involving the home team Antigua is a sell out. The Stanford Cricket Ground only holds 4000 though but people were turned away.
And Ridley Jacobs took three for eight. :dry:

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Samuel_Vimes said:
Regular international cricketers at a time...
Their teams just haven't been in action yet, but they are around.
Thanks for that man, that's bloody awesome.
This Stanford guy seems like a bit of a smart marketer. I've been reading up on him, and I'm glad this event's going well! If it really does capture the hearts of the Carribean, then how can it be a bad thing?:)

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Well, when nothing else is on tele, this is a fantastic piece of night time viewing. They havent took to it like the english teams, out of the games ive seen, teams have barely reched 120

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
These are the results of the last 4 matches.

7. Barbados 141-6(20 ov)
JAM Haynes 38, MA Nurse 35, DB Skellekie 2-28
beat
Anguilla 103-7(20 ov)
CF Hughes 20, PT Collins 3-13, SJ Benn 1-15
Player of the match PT Collins (Barbados)

8. Antigua 146-9(20 ov)
ACL Richards 36, RD Jacobs 31, GE Mathurin 4-25
beat
St Lucia 98-9(20 ov)
A La Feuille 26, RD Jacobs 3-8, GC Tonge 2-16
Player of the match DT Edwards (Antigua)

9.Montserrat 115-8 (20 ov)
M Meade 21, MA Stephnie 21*, MV Nagamootoo 2-13
lost to
Guyana 116-2 (16.3 ov)
TM Dowlin 54*, N Deonarine 31, TJ Semper 1-22
Player of the match TM Dowlin (Guyana)

10.Bermuda 74 ao (19.4 ov)
OL Pitcher 19, JE Taylor 5-10, OV Brown 2-16
lost to
Jamaica 75-1 (5.5 ov)
CH Gayle 40*, MN Samuels 25, M Matthew 1-13
Player of the match JE Taylor (Jamaica)

simmy

International Regular
This is such a great but equally bad competition at the same time.

Very entertaining nonetheless!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Tomm NCCC said:
Well, when nothing else is on tele, this is a fantastic piece of night time viewing. They havent took to it like the english teams, out of the games ive seen, teams have barely reched 120
So how is interest now?

Tv ratings, crowds, media coverage ect...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Trinidad/Tobago v Barbados on right now - Barbados fielding what could have been an ODI attack for West Indies (Collins, Edwards, Collymore, Bradshaw, Sulieman Benn...ok, I'll hand you the 5th one, but he's not done that much worse than Dave Mohammed), and as a consequence, T&T are 85/5 in the 13th over. Daren Ganga made a 1 which I'm told was quite exquisite :p

To boot, their relatively unfancied opening partnership of William Perkins and Mario Belcon made 69 together before Bradshaw entered.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GoT_SpIn said:
So how is interest now?

Tv ratings, crowds, media coverage ect...
At the start of the tournament there seemed to be a lot of excitement and good crowds. The media presentation is exquisite. It's better than most proper international matches that I've seen. Very attractive.

Worth noting that I haven't bothered to watch since the first couple of games. I'm glad that the format is bringing money into the WI game, but I find it terribly uninteresting.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
William Perkins is a tremendous talent...
I'm sure he is, but it's hard to spot when he hadn't even played first class cricket before this tournament! (though, as he was one of five batsmen to score tons at the recent U-19 World Cup, should have given him a bit more credit. Eoin Morgan was one of the other, after all.)