• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian domestic season 2006-07

adharcric

International Coach
Arjun said:
For those who saw the match yesterday, what are your comments on the fielding in the whole match? Particularly of Munaf, Zaheer and VRV? That will be crucial. Zaheer's experience will definitely come useful if he makes the team, and he's a more potent bowler than little Agarkar, whose Russian Roulette-ish bowling weakened the Blues. Strangely, the mediapersons didn't talk of that, but slammed Irfan for bowling slow, short and wide, despite getting three wickets. Zaheer has often been weak on the field, which matters in ODI's, when the bowling attack is not special. Irfan, Sreesanth, RP Singh and Balaji (albeit only in movement) and also Nehra (albeit only in throws) are effective on the field.
Munaf and Zaheer looked sharp in the field. VRV dropped an absolute sitter after Sehwag skied one. Let's see how they do in the remaining matches.

adharcric

International Coach
Exciting stuff here. 16-year-old star Tanmay Srivastava opening alongside Tendulkar and Balaji having his first competitive bowl in a long time.

Damn, Srivastava gone for a duck off a ball that came in with the angle and took a steep bounce and went straight to first slip.

Now, Pathan plays a textbook cover drive off Balaji. Awesome timing there.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
Damn, they sure did prove me wrong. Good close game though...wouldve loved to watch it...adharcric..do you have msn or aim? If you have msn then add me, my id is in my sig...if u have aim let me know what ur id is.
aim .... "adhar40cric"

adharcric

International Coach
The speed meter is on crack. Apparently, Nehra is consistently clocking a deadly 107 kph! Don't bother ...

Meanwhile, Balaji and Nehra both looking very good on the whole.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Tanmay Srivastava, the 16-year-old who averaged 90 on the U-19 tour to Pakistan, opened with Tendulkar and edged a Balaji snorter to depart for a 3-ball duck. Pathan came in and along with Tendulkar batted brilliantly. Not poor bowling, mind you. Some amazing shots played on good line and length deliveries.

adharcric

International Coach
Sachin Tendulkar is looking as good as ever today. Absolutely owning Chawla, Warne must remember this kind of treatment.

21 runs off the over ... poor kid

adharcric

International Coach
It wasn't poor bowling though. Tendulkar is a genius and he was playing Chawla like one. Mind you, the next over was a wicket maiden. :)

adharcric

International Coach
Absolute masterclass from Sachin ... possible the best I've seen him bat in years. Dravid is struggling at the other end but hanging in there.

EDIT: As I type, Sachin smashes his second lofted cover-drive for six.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely stupid decision to get Badani on. I have no idea what is the problem with Greens, whether Kaif is afraid of his bowlers getting the stick from Sachin, or whether a bowler is out of action, but Badani and Ganguly are bowling utter rubbish.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Ganguly's doing fine, but yeah Badani's getting killed. More Sachin's good batting than Badani's poor bowling. Still stupid that Lahiri hasn't bowled yet.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I really must ask, were there instructions to Kaif to merely give a workout to the India Blues team or actually bowl them out? The choice of bowling changes was awful!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Nehra's got a wicket. Dravid tried to swat him over square leg and got caught by Jaffer. Yuvraj can play himself in easily, given the massive start behind him and the amount of overs left. If there's another wicket falling, Greens can apply some pressure. Dinesh is a weak link and the tail is even weaker. The part-timers have again bowled an excessive chunk of the overs, as many as nine, compared to six or seven by the others.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Just had a glimpse of NEO's crane camera, as it rotated to cover all of the Chepauk crowds. Fantastic machine, and very good production. Can't say that about this match though, as 300 came in the 43rd over.

ADD-ON: They should bring Pravin Kumar back before it's too late. Dhoni's not quite himself, just turning the strike over and hitting the odd cheeky boundary. Yuvraj is just in and hasn't yet got set. Nehra's final over is getting completed.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sounds like a ripping knock from Sachin. Dravid, Pathan and Dhoni all chipping in as well.