• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite ICC prospective nation?

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Hehe, Ive always found the thought of Iran playing cricket quite funny for some reason... Dont forget Scotland either.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
My favourite Associate nation - Scotland (duh)
My favourite Affiliate nations - Isle Of Man (for more family reasons), St Helena (one letter away from being perfect) and Rwanda (for no reason at all).

yeah i noticed that the other day that the indian cricket board did not have a website i go for ireland and i go for Uganda they are pretty good

Langeveldt

Soutie
My favourite "progressing" nation - Namibia

Mind you, a tour to Estonia looks like good fun if the website is anything to go by

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I love how they've listed their 2005 results.

Code:
Played  Won  Drew   Lost  [B]Almost Drew  Almost Won[/B]

18       2     0     16        4            3
:laugh:

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
Mine are probably the European associates (Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands) because they have a decent shot at becoming respectable ODI nations within a few years.. and also Afghanistan because they are going to be biggg in 10-15 years!

I don't think many people would mess with an Afghani cricket team eh? :)

Steulen

International Regular
Oi, that's why I like them. I think it's always funny when you get these wildly exotic names in representative teams. Pakistan 'G' eh? That's a tad optimistic :p.

Chubb

International Regular
The Faroe Islands. The fact that it rains 300 days out of 365 in the Faroes (and when it isn't raining it's probably snowing) should be no discouragement. Denmark, which kind of rules over them, is an associate and has produced players like Mortensen and Klokker so why can't the Puffins become a world power. There's a good spot for a pitch near the National Art Gallery in the Torshavn public park.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Steulen said:
One Zimbabwe isn't enough?
:laugh:

I used to live there, so it'd be great, in however many years time when/if China win the World Cup, to say that I played in the first cricket league there.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
chekmeout said:
Mine are probably the European associates (Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands) because they have a decent shot at becoming respectable ODI nations within a few years.. and also Afghanistan because they are going to be biggg in 10-15 years!

I don't think many people would mess with an Afghani cricket team eh? :)
Youre right there, They won six out of seven matches against Second string County teams, its a big step in the right direction for them.

swede

School Boy/Girl Captain
The Celtic Lions...

scotland and Ireland are just too small to ever become proper test nations.
At absolute best they would become another NZ, playing tests in empty rugby stadiums.

They should join forces and perhaps try to make Wales abandon England and play as celtic team.
They could possibly become great rivals of england and stage a 5-test series in Cardiff,Dublin,Belfast,Glasgow, Edinburgh,

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
swede said:
The Celtic Lions...

scotland and Ireland are just too small to ever become proper test nations.
At absolute best they would become another NZ, playing tests in empty rugby stadiums.

They should join forces and perhaps try to make Wales abandon England and play as celtic team.
They could possibly become great rivals of england and stage a 5-test series in Cardiff,Dublin,Belfast,Glasgow, Edinburgh,
Even if they become as good as NZ .. it's two more ODI countries right? NZ are capable of beating anyone in the world on their day in ODIs... I'm sure there is nothing wrong with two more competitive ODI nations which I believe they have potential to achieve...

FRAZ

International Captain
I want Israel to come out big and I want Palestine to be a member and I want them to play each other on regular basis .