• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old Trafford Cricket Ground

LCCC

Cricket Spectator
Just wondering to those who have been, where the best seats, and viewing point are in the ground?

Cheers

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I go a few times every year to see Lancashire and England play. I almost always sit at the Brian Statham End, between the Old Trafford Lodge and the sightscreen, for big games the atmosphere is best there. Ground is in a fairly terrible condition though.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
that's where i was sat yesterday, probably there or the opposite side of the sightscreen(sat there for 5th day Ashes) are the best but cost more for international games. Quite often sit in E2 why is a bit further round but usually has a decent atmosphere

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I'm usually infront of the Jubilee suite(/the Ladies Pavilion, if you're that old), which is stand L. Best to get round close to behind the bowler's arm for the best view of a cricket match, imo.

And I, actually George, like the ground. :p The worst bit about it is that horrific double-tiered stand.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must say of all the test grounds i have been to Old Trafford is by far the worst a grubby little dump of a ground. Although to be fair i did go to it for a very poorley atended county championship match against Hampshire on a very grey day.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
that's where i was sat yesterday, probably there or the opposite side of the sightscreen(sat there for 5th day Ashes) are the best but cost more for international games. Quite often sit in E2 why is a bit further round but usually has a decent atmosphere
I was in E1 last night, that was good fun. We had a fairly long beer-snake going, as well as cheering the guy trying to carry twelve pints.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Pothas said:
Must say of all the test grounds i have been to Old Trafford is by far the worst a grubby little dump of a ground. Although to be fair i did go to it for a very poorley atended county championship match against Hampshire on a very grey day.
grubby, dump yes. little? not really with the extra stands for international matches i think, alongisde the Oval its the biggest outside Lords.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
grubby, dump yes. little? not really with the extra stands for international matches i think, alongisde the Oval its the biggest outside Lords.
ok it wasnt really that small but the extra stands wernt their so i realy didnt see it on a good day.

Benny2k1

U19 12th Man
I went once during the ashes i was in the Temp stand infront of the beer tent :D

Sorry bout the quality of pic was on a poor camera fone, was opposite the pavilion

Attachments

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Do they let you in with cameras at OT? Wanting to take my digitcal camera to the Test match but obviously don't wanna get not allowed in

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well I thought it would be fine, obviously it says on the ticket you can't take one but then they say that on football tickets, and I take my digital cam to every ground I go to

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Probably safer in my pocket, they would have to search my bag, and then I would have to have a bag under my feet all friggin day.