• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for end of June start of July

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Marc 44,000 posts
Broncoman 15000 posts
Cloete 6000 posts
Barney Rubble 5,000 posts
Goughy 1,000 posts

We have a new award this week, if people think it may be upsetting, or cause bad blood please let me know (archie) and I will delete it. I will not be here next week, so no awards, unless anyone would like to take over for a week? If you would let me know and I will send you all you need. It is not that hard and Marc is a great help every week.

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: SJS for this click here Yes most batsman could learn from ‘The Wall’ :cool:

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Goughy for this click here Great debate, became a little personal on occasions, but still very interesting

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: steds, for this click here :laugh: starting to rack up the Skulls is young steds, watch out Eddie and Voltman. Also special mention for this by age _ master click here :laugh: will be understood by most Aussies and English League fans

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Barney Rubble, won the race with Jason and Voltman and has visited many threads this past week

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Neil Pickup click here are you trying to win these awards Neil? :@

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: aussie click here we are sure someone understands this :wacko:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Goughy, Has posted over 200 this week and most of them have shown a great knowledge of the game

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Goughy. Has had a great week of posting and fully deserves the Bradman this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Fusion, impressed this week, but would like to see more posts

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: No award this week

The SS award for the biggest …….(I am sure most of you will know what this award is for, and the winner is JustTool for this click here
I have a feeling he does not like one GSC :-O

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Cheers for the awards and congrats to the other winners.

This week has been a busy one for me on CW and I know everyone hasn't agreed with everything I've said but believe me a lot of thought goes into each post.

As for the 1-800-CallGoughy thread I hope to continue adding players as I see issues arising. I've no idea if people have any interest in reading it but I think it is a different type of thread that shares a different type of knowledge to the norm.

Hopefully it adds an extra colour to the already vibrant Cricket Chat rainbow. :)

Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Goughy cleaning up. What a hero.
Well having little sense of humour and having never posted anything intentionally funny, I think that for however long I keep posting on here that the 'skull' is forever out of my reach. :)

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm busy in rugby mode, which is my excuse for posting SFA on cricket. :p

I didn't realise I visited many threads this week, archie. :laugh::

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Goughy good on ya mate... and congrats to all the other winners
Steds.. hahaha that was funny lol :laugh:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Goughy said:
Cheers for the awards and congrats to the other winners.

This week has been a busy one for me on CW and I know everyone hasn't agreed with everything I've said but believe me a lot of thought goes into each post.

As for the 1-800-CallGoughy thread I hope to continue adding players as I see issues arising. I've no idea if people have any interest in reading it but I think it is a different type of thread that shares a different type of knowledge to the norm.

Hopefully it adds an extra colour to the already vibrant Cricket Chat rainbow. :)

Anyway, thanks again.
For what it's worth, I'm finding it extremely entertaining reading.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Sean,

Cant we at least have a thread which just has your posts in which the awards are announced. That way one can refer back to them.

It will be good because I have often found great posts here which I had missed otherwise. Having them in one place would be nice instead of scattered in zillions of threads as this threatens to become.

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Hi Sean,

Cant we at least have a thread which just has your posts in which the awards are announced. That way one can refer back to them.

It will be good because I have often found great posts here which I had missed otherwise. Having them in one place would be nice instead of scattered in zillions of threads as this threatens to become.
You have confused me SJS, which is not that hard :wacko:

Do you want me to have a link to each thread, that the winning posts come from?

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats to all winners , and to SJS !! Nice to see his posts again enlightening us on various issues .

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
You have confused me SJS, which is not that hard :wacko:

Do you want me to have a link to each thread, that the winning posts come from?
Sorry for that.

I find that for each week there is a separate thread. If you want to continue with thjat as far as people sending their opinions, voting, feedback etc is concerned its okay. I was thinking that all the final results, all the weekly posts from you which announce the awards be in a separate new thread. That will become a kind of archive for the best posts in a way for posterity :)

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Sorry for that.

I find that for each week there is a separate thread. If you want to continue with thjat as far as people sending their opinions, voting, feedback etc is concerned its okay. I was thinking that all the final results, all the weekly posts from you which announce the awards be in a separate new thread. That will become a kind of archive for the best posts in a way for posterity :)
Okay with you now :)

We would need a thread that was locked so no one could post, but that I could still update. I will ask James and see what he thinks

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Woohoo! I won a proper award that wasn't a Greig! :D Thanks Archie. :)

Congrats to the rest of the winners also, especially Goughy for the coveted Bradman. Well-deserved. :)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Getting an award named after you > Winning an award.

Therefore, I am happy.
Oh. SS is you? I was thinking it was the award for being the biggest Nazi :ph34r: