• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non-Playing Cricket Fans

howardj

International Coach
Played since I was nine years old. Stopped for four years to concentrate on University. Have been playing ever since. And now, at 28, I've just started to bowl left arm legspin. It's like I'm a born again cricketer - it's really reinvigorated my (playing) interest in the game.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
played club since i was 9, 2 years of school cricket and made districts last year (and had a friend make it to state before and the A squad when i was in U-12)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I was fairly good at cricket as a kid, and played for various teams in and outside of school until midway through high school or so, and then stopped and haven't started again.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I go to nets practically every week & get a game when the side's struggling to get a quorum & the missus doesn't have a prior claim on my time. Have an offer of a game this Sat (unsurprisingly...), but have a prior Germanic-based appointment.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Non- playing apparently means 'play every now and again and sometimes pretty frequently" it seems.

Im not currently, have never and will never play cricket. I used to do dancing and netball, blokey cricket wasnt really on my agenda. Plus Im really lazy.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Play sporadically, mostly recreational in parks and what have you. Was due to play for my university but I had a slight altercation with the captain and was told in pretty uncertain terms that I will never play as long as that *** is captain.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
atichon said:
Huge fan, never played, from a non-playing country, and being 39, I doubt I will have a chance
How did you ever get interested in cricket in France ?

And where abouts in France are you?