• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 18-25 June

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:
Robertinho 6,000 posts
burkey_1988 5,000 posts
Cameel 3,000 posts
archie mac 3,000 posts
The Baconator 2,000 posts
NZ Tailender 2,000 posts

Okay Marc back fulltime this week, whew makes life a little easier. No Bradman this week, and what odds a whinge from SS?:-O

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Top_Cat for this click here Balanced the argument out well

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Arjun for this click here Interesting stuff, made us think back. Some great sides named.

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: wpdavid, for this click here clever, clean and classy humour :laugh:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: alternative, two awards well done. Has been contributing to many threads this last week.

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: alternative click here three anyone? :wacko:

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Neil Pickup click here our world is shattered; the day Neil *******ised the Queens English :blink:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: JASON, a big week of posting, one of the most knowledgeable posters on CW

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no winner this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: meflymatty, averaging 36 posts a day, could be a keeper :cool:

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: No award this week

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
wow 2 awards...
well Tony Greig award almost expected that straight after england losing, but never expected Sobers Award...

wooohoo :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And Marc led me to believe that I had an award this week. Ah well, this week: tell your God to ready for blood. Because I'm going all out. You're all about to get double the SS dose this week.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
And Marc led me to believe that I had an award this week. Ah well, this week: tell your God to ready for blood. Because I'm going all out. You're all about to get double the SS dose this week.
quite frankly, it's getting a little old now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
Archie forgot to mention the Fred Trueman award.

He who whinges the most - you're in a duopoly.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I genuinely didn't know that concerningly weren't a word. I did make up "rounderer" when doing my fielding positions today, though...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
I genuinely didn't know that concerningly weren't a word. I did make up "rounderer" when doing my fielding positions today, though...
To be honest, there might have been more deserving posts, but your's swung it because of who you are!