• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the most valuable player in the indian team?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Agreed with Anil, Dravid is a "rock" type player who can be very important when the rest of the batting collapses.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by wasims_fan
who do you think is the most valuable player in the indian team after sachin tendulkar?
Didn't you just answer your own question? :lol:

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Dravid's crucial to India's chances. That's because we take Sachin's performances for granted!

I always believed that India's show in Aus largely mirrored Dravid's performance.
People also understimate his contribution in ODIs.

Anoop

U19 12th Man
finally Dravid gets some recognition..

many people labelled him not fit for ODIs not so long ago..

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sitting quite happily now after I voted for Sehwag...and he just got 147 :D

Hmmmm Half-Nelson time...*Looks for Shep dancing around* (David, the English Umpire)

[Edited on 9/10/2002 by Rik]

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Rik
I'm sitting quite happily now after I voted for Sehwag...and he just got 147 :D

Hmmmm Half-Nelson time...*Looks for Shep dancing around* (David, the English Umpire)

[Edited on 9/10/2002 by Rik]
Sehwag is definitely an exciting player to watch, but I equated MVP to most dependable, technically most proficient, temperamentally most stable and as such, I could come up with only Dravid.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Yes, if valuable is supoosed to mean a life saver then for India its Dravid. He has a calming effect on the whole team around him, and above all he holds out one end for the stroke players around him, but still i think he's not the best player when it comes to taking the quick sinles, still he's India's Mister dependable, and over the years he has learnt the art of carving out an innings.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ganguly?

Whether people like him or not, they can't dispute his record. Still no Away win, but getting closer...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah not after the run of form he had a few months ago...his average was close to going under 40 :wow: and his bowling...the less said about it the better...

Dravid might not be that bad as captain, I wouldn't mind seeing what would happen...

Yup buddy, the most valuable player is none other than Tendulkarmark 2.

I have my sympathies with the bowlers who are made to face the great one, must be a real pain:D