• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What the?

Craig

World Traveller
Doing a small project ATM (if I told you I would have to kill you) and I noticed this: The Hon. Charles Coventry and it lists that he has played 2 Tests for England but one first class game :mellow: :blink: :wacko:

How is that possible? If Tests are counted as FC games, or back then Tests were not counted as FC matches?

Or has CricInfo made a mistake and our chance to laugh at them :laugh:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
It says he 'made his first-class debut in the first England v South Africa Test in 1888-89', which suggests that the Tests should indeed have been counted as FC matches. I think you got 'em Craig. ;)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I mentioned the name Charles Coventry in another thread, which you replied to, shortly before you started this thread.

Hmm....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cricinfo has been exposed as a faulty being. Let's all boycott it in protest.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Cricinfo has been exposed as a faulty being. Let's all boycott it in protest.
Oh they all make plenty of mistakes. I have lost count of how many I have pointed out to Howzat dot com. I notice some and there must be hundreds besides. I write to them pointing out the mistakes and they acknowledge at times.

I still use that site since they have the data in one of the most user friendly formats.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
archie mac said:
In my book, 'English Test Cricketers' by Bill Frindall it has:

Tests=2

FC=2
Frindall > Cricinfo.

He still refuses to put the "World" XI games into his stats.

Craig

World Traveller
Prince EWS said:
I mentioned the name Charles Coventry in another thread, which you replied to, shortly before you started this thread.

Hmm....
The reason of my project I am doing will all be revealed in time.