• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Update on Boje - 0/221 only 37 more needed for the poor restless soul of Khan Mohammad to Rest in Peace !!:D
Bowling Change and Boje appears to have been spared !! :D :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Goughy said:
I don't know how many times I can say this, but SA will never compete at the level they are capable of when they insist on playing 2 keepers in the same line-up. Weakens the batting far to much.
Well SL have insisted on playing 2 keepers in the same line-up, and that's hardly worked against them.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can no think of a worse game for a debut captain. Get rolled over for next to nothing, see your bowlers smashed to all parts, on the receiving end of countless batting records and the very real prospect of losing by an innings and 400 (or more) runs.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Mahela should get there in a canter now - given current bowlers being

AB de Villiers (rm) 4 overs 22 runs 5.50 (Economy rate)
JA Rudolph (lbg) 6 overs 40 runs 6.66 (Economy rate ):D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
Well, I might win the award for the worst prediction of the week. But if they allow one of these players to go for 400, it is a mistake, even if they manage to win it from there. Your focus should be on winning, not personal stats. I say again, allow the players to reach the personal milestones if they are close...but don't risk the match.
It's halfway through day 3.

SL have in their ranks the most effective bowler/pitch combination in history.

Don't think there's much risk of this match slipping away.

Lostman

State Captain
marc71178 said:
Well SL have insisted on playing 2 keepers in the same line-up, and that's hardly worked against them.
actually there are 4 keepers in this side. Dilshan and Tharanga are keepers for their club sides.:p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
Well you can't control the weather, but I don't think its bad planning to think of such things when you've already got a pretty much unassailable lead.
And of course you know for a fact that they've not considered all this in batting this long?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
It's halfway through day 3.

SL have in their ranks the most effective bowler/pitch combination in history.

Don't think there's much risk of this match slipping away.
Of course not, you have 550 odd runs to play with. Just give Murali the ball, have six or more round the bat and watch the collapse.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
dinu23 said:
I just checked BBC and they say it will rain tomorrow and monday, but they also said it will rain today which is false so hopefully it won't rain tomorrow.
They said it'd rain in Manchester a lot of Thursday - it didn't.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wouldn't believe any weather forecast that goes beyond 24 hours when it comes to England, especially for a place like Manchester.

Anyway how humiliationg is this game...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
I wouldn't believe any weather forecast that goes beyond 24 hours when it comes to England, especially for a place like Manchester.

Anyway how humiliationg is this game...
Why this deprecation of Manchester may I ask. I love the Manchurians . :D :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Would it make Jayawardena the most mediocre batsman to hold the record in recent times? Mind you, looking at his average, its better than I thought

chalky

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
Would it make Jayawardena the most mediocre batsman to hold the record in recent times? Mind you, looking at his average, its better than I thought
Matthew Hayden surely