• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Sri Lanka in Netherlands thread

Craig

World Traveller
Steulen said:
There's also Republika Srpska, which is a de facto independent Serbian part of Bosnia; there's the Krajina within Serbia, and there's wossname, that other part of Serbia which is dominated by Albanians. It's far from over.
You wouldn't want a passport from there wouldn't you?

You could be travelling and end up like Tom Hanks where he play's that guy who get's stuck in the terminal (Yes I know the movie is called The Terminal) :laugh:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Little Netherlands, New Zealand, New Amsterdam, Tasmania(all dutch :p ) whatever you like :')

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
tickets will be 15 euro. and free for U15's.
very good. Ill deffo go, and I might try to work there too, for De Leede's shop.
can't wait :)

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
What is the expected crowd turnout Kweek? Is it going to be a sellout like the Ireland vs England and the Scotland vs Pakistan ?

Anyways have fun at the match! :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Kweek said:
tickets will be 15 euro. and free for U15's.
very good. Ill deffo go, and I might try to work there too, for De Leede's shop.
can't wait :)
That's 30 NZ dollars , If I am not mistaken.

Euro BTW is pretty strong ATM and rising daily ! (against the Kiwi dollar)

So by the time come the Match day it may well be 35 -37 NZ dollars, equivalent !

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I expect Netherlands with Marco Van Basten coaching them get to the Semi Finals. So Netherlands v SL ODI may end up being played when Netherlands will be more interested in their soccer team. * As if they would've bothered about cricket otherwise *:laugh:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Euro is pretty strong yeah...could be worse :')
15 euro's is a very good price, has to be said.
your point about botherd otherwise..you correct...I expect mostly expat people going, and a fair bit of dutch people ofcourse too..won't sell out though

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
May be the organisers of the game in Netherlands should take a leaf out of Hampshire organisers in setting up a Giant TV screen to show the soccer at Rose Bowl before the 20/20.

Wonder if there is a World Cup soccer match on, on the days of the cricket games in Netherlands ? ( Would be even better if Netherlands were playing in it ):)

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Good luck to The Netherlands for these matches - a good performance will be cheered by all the Associates.

I was impressed with the Dutch performance against Kenya in the Intercontinental Cup - you had us very worried for most of that match (Thank God for Tikolo).
It is a shame you only got to play our A team in a 1-dayer, as a game against the full side would have been a better match.

I hope Ryan does get to play for you in these games - he is beginning to develop into a dangerous player.

You are not going to hear me say this often over the next few years, but Go The Netherlands!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I would go with the following SL Team for the game against Netherlands -

Tharanga
Kapugedera
Russell Arnold
Maharoof
Jehan Mubarak
Dilshan
Prasanna Jayawardene Wicket keeper
Chaminda Vaas (Captain)
Malinga Bandara
Dilhara Fernando
Ruchira Perera

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Kweek said:
personally i'd love to see Murali in action, that be cool :D
So long as Sri Lanka bat first...

Otherwise I don't think you'd see much other than a stack of batsmen walking back to the pavilion.

C'mon the oranje though, show us Englanders how to do it.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
well im not going for a win....
but good competative games would be really nice !

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
The Netherlands’ preparations for the matches against the MCC and Sri Lanka took a heavy blow this week with the news that a severe knee injury has put opening bowler Edgar Schiferli out of the running.

Schiferli has suffered a recurrence of an injury he sustained playing football two years ago, and underwent an operation during the week. Indications are that he is likely to be on the sidelines for several months, and that he will also miss the European Championships in Scotland in August.

With Tim de Leede and Darron Reekers still recovering from shoulder and groin injuries respectively and facing fitness tests next week, national coach Peter Cantrell could find his bowling resources severely reduced.

No decision has yet been made regarding a replacement for Schiferli for the match against MCC in Rotterdam next Friday, and the squad for the two ODIs against Sri Lanka has not been finalised. But it is certain that Schiferli’s experience in the front-line attack will be greatly missed.

He had also been selected for the European XI to play the MCC next Thursday. For that match Danish left-arm seamer Thomas Hansen, who bowled well against The Netherlands earlier this month, has been called up as a replacement.
aahw Crap Schiferli out

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Kweek said:
aahw Crap Schiferli out
It would have been good to see the guy embarass some of SL top order batsman (who still struggle against swing in European pitches) . Hope the other bowlers can still do it for the Netherlands .

BTW Kweek, next Football World Cup is in South Africa and Netherlands has to be a favourite to do well there ,(even if they don't win this current one in Germany ) given the massive support they would generate among the Africaaners (who have roots to Netherlands) . Do you agree ? :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Message to Moderators - Could this thread be stickied please ... since the 2 ODIs only about 10 days away ?