• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India v West Indies Tests & ODIs

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
And well batted Srinath as well - second time he's made useful runs this series.
well he cant seem to bowl for crap... so might as well prove to the indian selectors that chosing him was right....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
An Indian victory looks a remote possibility right now. A Windies victory looks increasingly likely. Will the Indians maintain their average of atleast one collapse per series in the 2nd innings or will they take the fight to the enemy camp?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
West Indies have played extremely well. They bowled well to restrict India on a flat track and are batting like the best of them.

Too bad they couldnt play like this earlier. It wouldve been a far more interesting series.

Marlon Samuels must be the spark. What a talent! Him, Sarwan, Gayle and Hinds...the WI future looks in good hands. Hopefully they will fulfil!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha and then I might reply with ROB KEY/IAN BELL/USMAN AFZAAL what a talent! Hehehe :lol:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
West Indies have played extremely well. They bowled well to restrict India on a flat track and are batting like the best of them.

Too bad they couldnt play like this earlier. It wouldve been a far more interesting series.

Marlon Samuels must be the spark. What a talent! Him, Sarwan, Gayle and Hinds...the WI future looks in good hands. Hopefully they will fulfil!
They do have some talent in batting. It is the bowling which looks threadbare especially when you compare it to the riches of even, 5 or 6 years back.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Agreed, the only bowler that looks to be up there at the moment is Dillon. He needs some quality support.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Originally posted by Rik
Hahaha and then I might reply with ROB KEY/IAN BELL/USMAN AFZAAL what a talent! Hehehe :lol:
I'm sorry but i don't quite understand what you mean by this comment. I know you can't be implying that Marlon Samuels is not as talented as the England up and coming. Please explain.

Mr Mxyzptlk

There is a young bowler named Tino Best (he's 20 or 21 i think). He is said to be pretty quick and penetrative. Also Lawson appears to have something about him. He's bowled aggressively and with pace on the Indian wickets which generally don't support pace. He may have what it takes, with a bit of time and experience we will see.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I saw Tino Best, I think he played for a team in the Shropshire league were I live. He's fast but on the A-Tour was a bit inconsistant but he can improve. He's definatly fast.

I was making a joke as everyone says this new young batsmen are such talents and then either they don't get picked or do get picked and get forgotten a few tests later. If Samuels had been English or any other nationality I doubt he would still be in the team as hes played sommit like 15 Tests and the stats arn't great...but he's finally got his 1st 100 (and 1st FC 100 too btw) and hopefully he can improve from there. It would be nice to see if he can imrove his Offspin too, the WIndies need someone other than (I'm gonna average damn near 50 with the ball but 36 with the bat...hang on isn't that the wrong way round?) Hooper to bowl spin.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Lol

He doesn't get enough bowling opportunity though, sadly. However, in his first Test, with only a handfull of FC games behind him, he picked up 3 Aussie wickets so he must be a fairly decent bowler.

masterblaster

International Captain
Sachin Tendulkar, just proves again why he is numero uno in batting. Another brilliant hundred under adversity.

Why do stupid moron idiots always criticise this man. When he scores runs, everything is fine, even if he gets 30 or 40 he is out of form.

Even if he sneezes, people question why he sneezed. It really is pathetic. For a guy who has scored 20,000 International Runs and is only 29 years of age, its amazing how people criticise him.

To me he is the best player since bradman.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
...and Ganguly gets 3 bad decisions in 4 innings in this series...poor guy. For a temperamental guy like him, it's enough to tear his hair off in frustration. Dravid gets 2 bad ones in this test. What is with all the bad lbw decisions even after they brought in all that technology in to help make the right decision? Do you think this is the umpires' way of protesting against the ICC trying to take a key decision out of their scope? I mean, so many top batsmen from both sides got poor decisions in this series.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What is with all the bad lbw decisions even after they brought in all that technology in to help make the right decision?
That was only in the one tournament, not full time.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Ganguly does seem to have lost a bit of hair lately...he's getting a bald patch...:lol:

masterblaster

International Captain
Originally posted by Top_Cat
To me he is the best player since bradman.
That's a big call considering there have been guys like Sobers, Viv etc. since Bradman............

No not really, it isnt a big call at all. Im sure everyone has seen how this guy bats. Tendulkar's style is as close to bradman's as you'll ever see. Nobody matches bradman's style/stance, but Tendulkar does.

A guy who has scored 20,000 International runs at only 29 years of age with over 60 centuries is got to be doing something right. Hell, he is the best player since Bradman. All the centuries I have seen of his were just awesome.

He is the most hard working cricketer in the world, and preparing for months to tackle Shane Warne in India (97/98) season proved it.

Im proud this guys Indian.

Top_Cat

Oh well since I rate Viv above Sachin, I reckon it's a big call. I just don't think Sachin can quite match Viv's intimidation and contemptuous play against all bowlers. Plus I reckon Viv played more of the pressure innings than Sachin has done so far.