• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India v West Indies Tests & ODIs

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Let me conclude this by saying .. Ajit Agarkar is really sh*t and this guy needs to be sent to a country like bangladesh where their cricket team really need a bowler of his pace and ability to score a century even being a bowler.... yep those bowlers avg 50 odd really need him....

Meanwhile what India needs to do is try and put some new players into this team to test them out , but then again if some newbie comes and scores a double 100.... he isint that great... because outside india he will get max 40 or 50 as in the case of laxman....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Does it need repeating that regardless of the pressure a ton is still a ton and it speaks volume of English bowler's performance!
Oh yeah, they really bowled poorly there, getting the big 3 (Ganguly, Dravid and Tendulkar) out for a total of 142 in 6 innings!

Originally posted by marc71178
Does it need repeating that regardless of the pressure a ton is still a ton and it speaks volume of English bowler's performance!
Oh yeah, they really bowled poorly there, getting the big 3 (Ganguly, Dravid and Tendulkar) out for a total of 142 in 6 innings!
Oh dear, now the English man wants to talk about the heroics of English bowlers against the three big Indian batters.
Lemme give u a detail info.

Sachin scored 401 runs at an average of 66.83 (well above his overall ave) with 1 ton and 2 50's in 4 test match!

Ganguly 351 runs at an average of 55.50 (well above his overall average) with 1 ton and 3 50's!!

Dravid literally toyed with English bowling, He scored 602 runs at an average of 100.33 with 3 tons and a 50!! If he gets to play against the half skilled English bowler every now and then, then he might as well break Bradman's unique record!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And it wasn't a batsman dominated series at all was it. As a matter of fact, we were discussing the one Test, since that's the only time Agarkar scored a century, and to say England bowled poorly when they dismissed those 3 so cheaply is ridiculous.

avalanche_fan

Cricket Spectator
agarkar will not play

Fact is...English bowler's really sucked at home conditions...another point to consider is...Agarkar is a ****ty bowler and accroding to my guess "Nehra" will play the test rather than Agarkar.....

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Re quote avalance

Agarkar will NEVER play

that guy cant bowl.... might as well as ganguly who can bowl better than he can...

And it wasn't a batsman dominated series at all was it. As a matter of fact, we were discussing the one Test, since that's the only time Agarkar scored a century, and to say England bowled poorly when they dismissed those 3 so cheaply is ridiculous.
LOL! so in a match England bowled out three top player cheaply, from that it is being concluded that English bowler must have been doing well.But we aren't suppose to discuss the performance of the English bowler in the overall series coz it was batting dominated series.
It was a batting dominated series coz the bowlers from both sides were very ordinary.Getting three top wickets yet getting hammered at the hands of tailenders and allowing oposition to put up a total near 400 means that the bowling was crap!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, I mean it is terrible that on a batting strip the bowlers let the big 3 score almost 150 in total over 2 innings - I think they should've done a lot better.

So a tail ender came in and chanced his arm against bowlers who'd already done the hard work and were under no real pressure to finish it off - big deal, there was just a lot of luck involved.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Agarkar is crap, his century on a benign pitch in an already lost cause against tiring bowlers should not be seriously taken into consideration. That said, the English bowlers bowled badly for the better part of the series(in fact except for the 1st test) that too on a couple of helpful pitches and were primarily responsible for the Indians coming back into the series so strongly.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Agreed, both sides bowled badly and batted superbly.

England could point to the loss of Gough (although they were used to missing him) and Caddick (for 3 out of the 4 Tests - he may have played in the 3rd Test, but he wasn't in bowling mode due to the lay off, and we saw in the last Test how well he could have played))

That said, had they played, we wouldn't now see Jones and Harmison down under, more likely Cork and Tudor!

Yeah, I mean it is terrible that on a batting strip the bowlers let the big 3 score almost 150 in total over 2 innings - I think they should've done a lot better.

So a tail ender came in and chanced his arm against bowlers who'd already done the hard work and were under no real pressure to finish it off - big deal, there was just a lot of luck involved.
What is the job of the bowler? just to get the wkt of three top batters OR to get the whole team out???
If Ajit had lot of luck with him then English bowlers were more than lucky to have got rid of the Indian batters early on, it was more of a case of Indian batters losing wicket than English bowler getting them out.

Again, i never said that Ajit played a wonderful innings or so, in this case i give all the credit to the English bowlers!

wasims_fan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i think the third test match is getting interesting.if there wickets don't fall at this point then west indies have more chances to win this test.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by wasims_fan
i think the third test match is getting interesting.if there wickets don't fall at this point then west indies have more chances to win this test.
Yeah, with Gayle going strong and Chanderpaul and Hooper to follow, they have a good chance of taking the lead. It is interesting and well-fought so far and as a cricket fan, I hope the Windies are able to fight it out to the last and maybe even win it.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by anilramavarma

It is interesting and well-fought so far and as a cricket fan, I hope the Windies are able to fight it out to the last and maybe even win it.
Yes WI has played much better in this match but I don't want them to win the match though, not even for any greater good of cricket :D .... I hope India wins it although the match is evenly poised at the moment.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by aussie_beater
Originally posted by anilramavarma

It is interesting and well-fought so far and as a cricket fan, I hope the Windies are able to fight it out to the last and maybe even win it.
Yes WI has played much better in this match but I don't want them to win the match though, not even for any greater good of cricket :D .... I hope India wins it although the match is evenly poised at the moment.
Yeah I want India to win too:D, but I wouldn't mind if Windies won it cos we already have the series in the bag.:rolleyes:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nicely balanced at the minute, Gayle, Chanderpaul and Hooper should take them on to 400+ and then they have a real chance of a win, India missing Zaheer are nothing like as strong pace-wise (Srinath's not the bowler he was, and Nehra, erm...), and the spin doesn't seem to be suiting spin too much (though Harbhajan seems to have found something!)

India cool favourites.... 65-35 I think.

PS Well Batted Parthiv..