• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India v West Indies Tests & ODIs

wahindiawah

Banned
Originally posted by marc71178
I never called Dillon rubbish, i used the word mediocre and stick to it.
What is the difference then? Personally I'd think of mediocre as below rubbish in the grand scheme of things.
Someone like Zaheer khan is a mediocre test pacer, while Ajit Agarkar is rubbish.There is a big difference!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No there isn't. Mediocre is when you're in the team to fill up numbers, or when you're hopeless at First Class level (a Yohannan comes to mind).

BTW, if you say Dillon is a mediocre bowler and Zaheer Khan is too, does that mean that Zaheer is on the same level as Dillon??? That's ridiculous!:lol::lol:

wahindiawah

Banned
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
No there isn't. Mediocre is when you're in the team to fill up numbers, or when you're hopeless at First Class level (a Yohannan comes to mind).
Nope , thats ur explaination which i don't agree with.Mediocre is someone thats between good and poor, Tinu and Ajit are just poor!

[/quote]
BTW, if you say Dillon is a mediocre bowler and Zaheer Khan is too, does that mean that Zaheer is on the same level as Dillon??? That's ridiculous!:lol::lol: [/quote]

I thought i had have already answered this question. If somone says that Lee and Bond are good bowlers, it doesn't necessarily means that they are at par!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by wahindiawah
Originally posted by Rik
If Khan isn't an established international bowler then how come he's picked for every India game that he's fit to play in?
Becasue there is a shortage of quality pacers right now in India, understand?? He's promissing but still have lot to learn.And if one goes by your logic, then Ajit must be an established International allrounder because he's nearly a regular member of Indian onedayer team!
Oh the irony...:lol::lol::lol:...now stop taking everything so seriously and chill will you?

wahindiawah

Banned
Originally posted by Rik
[Oh the irony...:lol::lol::lol:...now stop taking everything so seriously and chill will you?
Well it will be better for you to stop clowning around and be a bit serious rather than ending a discussion screaming "I want my SANITY":lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik
[Oh the irony...:lol::lol::lol:...now stop taking everything so seriously and chill will you?
Well it will be better for you to stop clowning around and be a bit serious rather than ending a discussion screaming "I want my SANITY":lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Look who's talking ;):lol::lol::lol:

Touche sir Touche!

[Edited on 5/12/2002 by Rik]

nehrafan

Banned
Originally posted by Rik
Don't ever let him to get it to that point, believe me that's a real pain and eventually ends up with the thread being locked!:(!

[Edited on 5/12/2002 by nehrafan]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Someone like Zaheer khan is a mediocre test pacer, while Ajit Agarkar is rubbish.There is a big difference!
What is the difference though - mediocre is a stronger form of rubbish, so are you saying AA is a better Test bowler than Zaheer?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mediocre is someone thats between good and poor
I'd like to hold up my hands and apologise - having looked up mediocre I discover it does mean something along those lines - ie "Of a middle quality; of but a moderate or low degree of excellence; indifferent; ordinary."

Unless of course you're talking about the alternative meaning of mediocre:

"A young monk who was excused from performing a portion of a monk's duties."?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D;);););)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I was only admitting a mistake I'd made - if only everyone else did!
I did in another thread a few days ago...do I get a bollocking too? :D:lol:

[What is the difference though - mediocre is a stronger form of rubbish, so are you saying AA is a better Test bowler than Zaheer?
That is news to me, i guess someone needs a dictionary badly!