Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flintoff Showing Signs of Wear and Tear?

Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    exactly thats why i feel the idea of the 4 seamers being England main attacking options once all are fit would work. But since blokes like Jones & Flintoff are injury prone it probably its safer to have the spinner to cover them.
    Well, you'd better include Harmison in that assessment as well. He's probably only played in about 75% of the tests that he could have, due to recurring injuries - ankle, back, shin (you know - 'fast bowler' injuries).

Hoggard's been the exception, of course - find us three more as resiliant as him and you can have your damned four seamer attack - provided one has the strength of an ox and is a gem of a batsman, one is nearly six and a half foot and makes batsmen jump about and the third is one of the best exponents of reverse-swing in the world.

Even then I'd still play a fifth bowler.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Didn't he need ankle surgery before the Ashes last year? Following the SA test series?

Maybe its a good omen, or a good luck charm.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Hopefully. After a rest Fred can come back firing on all cylinders, and peak in November, showing everybody just why he is the world's greatest Cricketer....

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    It'll be disappointing if he's not fit and firing come Ashes time, both from a neutral perspective and an Australian one. It'd be a shame to regain the Ashes and have to deal with 2 and half years of "if only we'd had Flintoff!".
    Add Jones to that now;

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ausv...ry/249962.html

This doesn't bode well. Sad; if England come here without Jones and with a half-fit Freddie, well there's two of he big reasons they won the Ashes right there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information