• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off-Season Thread

brockley

International Captain
Transfer pool named.

liam buchanan,aaron nye,steve paulsen,nathan hauritz,beau casson,josh mangan,simon dart,clinton mckay,c huckett, and tim welsford.
Of course,hauritz and casson are going to NSW and josh mangan probably to WA but it has to go through the state pool first.

brockley

International Captain
WA have named their squad for next season and confirmed they have no spinner in mind for next season.This means their one day and pura side will have no spinner next season.Seems they have missed out on mangan and have decided to go without a spinner for next season.Its expected marcus north or adam voges part timers will fill in for a regular spinner next season,maybe even sean marsh will get a bowl.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Hogg.

And when he's away on international duty they can easily call up someone like Heal from grade cricket.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Threads merged.

Not suprised to see Mangan stay. Also wondering where your source is for the transfer pool?

Names from Victoria aren't all that unexpected, but suprised about the percentage of the pool from Vic.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Craig said:
I could see somebody like Aaron Nye with Tasmania.
Birt and Bailey have middle order spots sewn up and we already have interstate recruits Dighton and Dawson on the outter.

Now that we have a few decent locals coming through, and yes I realise Birt is from Vic before anyone chips in, we should play them.

brockley

International Captain
Brad williams has moved to qld despite having a WA contract,WA offered josh mangan a 2 year rookie contract but he as yet hasn't accepted,if they wanted him so much why didn't they offer him a full contract:dry: .
BTW all the first tier state contracts are on the australian cricket association website i posted if interested go and have a look.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
brockley said:
Brad williams has moved to qld despite having a WA contract,WA offered josh mangan a 2 year rookie contract but he as yet hasn't accepted,if they wanted him so much why didn't they offer him a full contract:dry: .
BTW all the first tier state contracts are on the australian cricket association website i posted if interested go and have a look.
Brad Williams is kidding himself if he thinks he's going to make the Qld side with Bich, Kasp, Johnson & Rimmington all ahead of him. Plus he'd probably get booed by the Qlders. Apart from Hodge, I think he's the most hated by Qlders.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
brockley said:
WA have named their squad for next season and confirmed they have no spinner in mind for next season.This means their one day and pura side will have no spinner next season.Seems they have missed out on mangan and have decided to go without a spinner for next season.
Did you get that? There's no spinner for WA next season.

andyc

James90 said:
Did you get that? There's no spinner for WA next season.
Ohhhh! No spinner for WA next season. Good thing you cleared that up for me James, brockley's post was a little ambiguous.

brockley

International Captain
Heard aaron heal will get a rookie contract for WA and be WA's spinner next year(behind hoggy),and also heard josh mangan has missed out on a rookie contract.
Tasmanian coach tim coyle is going to spend a week with the bangladeshi national team and do some coaching with the team.Tim coyle said whilst there he will look at a few prospective players,specifically a spinner or 2 to toughen up tasmanias' squad.
Would be great if tassie gets someone like ashraful for the season,but more likely rafique or enamil haque.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Brad Williams is kidding himself if he thinks he's going to make the Qld side with Bich, Kasp, Johnson & Rimmington all ahead of him. Plus he'd probably get booed by the Qlders. Apart from Hodge, I think he's the most hated by Qlders.
Surprising move from him, i cant see the QLD selectors ever picking him - they would be better off going for a young local then him anyway.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I dont think Williams really has a WA contract, they ditched him last season for being a *****.

mefly

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think Williams should of come back down here to Victoria to his home state, he might get a game or 2...:sleep:

brockley

International Captain
Josh mangan has done a turnaround and signed with west australia on a 2 year rookie deal,obviously he will get his chances when hoggy is unavailable.

Mister Wright

brockley said:
Josh mangan has done a turnaround and signed with west australia on a 2 year rookie deal,obviously he will get his chances when hoggy is unavailable.
Would Hogg play if he was available anyway? WA seemed to not pick him all that much last season even though he was playing for Australia. Although I guess that will change without Casson this season.