• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off-Season Thread

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor form should have put his girlfriend first. I presume you no longer like him and will be having another player on your avatar.
No. I have him on my avatar because I like watching him play cricket! :p

Only person I'd consider swapping him for is Monty tbh.

brockley

International Captain
Seems katich staying a blue,moody conceded he will not come across.
Don't know why cameron would go to wa he would have 4 bowlers in front of him.
Wonder if wa will contract all 3,worthington,bandy and ervine next season.
Wouldn't be surprised if lee carlseldine gets a contract this season qld middle order shakey,and he was in the selectors minds at the end of last season,still only 31/32.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Moss going back to Sydney, as is Rummans. Doubt if either are getting contracts, but the move is more about lifestyle for both of them.

From what I hear Hastings will come down.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Moss going back to Sydney, as is Rummans. Doubt if either are getting contracts, but the move is more about lifestyle for both of them.

From what I hear Hastings will come down.
Moss should get a contract and spot in the starting XI TBH. I think experience in the middle order will come in handy trying to bring through the likes of Forrest, Rohner and Cooper. If Jaques gets a run in the Test side and selectors continue to overlook Jarrad Burke, Rummans would be an even money bet with Simmons, Mail and Creed for the 2nd openers spot. Also Cowan spot isn't secure by any means either. Not sure if he would get a contract but he would be far off the starting XI.

Hasting shown some signs of improvement at 2nd XI level, but still looks a couple seasons off 1st XI. But with Clark, Bracken, Lee out of a lot of the season, he might have got a chance. Would probably be infront of Bird and Coyte after their woeful seasons. Might get more chances at Victoria, but there pace attack isn't bad, maybe they will play the extra seamer with White out of some ODIs maybe.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I guess Moss might be a chance to play at 7 in the FC games, maybe in the spot that currently has Moises written all over it. Allowing NSW to play two spinners at home as well, by doing that, while still having batting depth.

He was supposedly offered a second tier contract with Victoria, and was only going to play OD cricket for them - all third hand info. He'd have to be a sniff of getting a game in that format for NSW, he did finish second or third in the Ford Ranger player of the year, afterall.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I guess Moss might be a chance to play at 7 in the FC games, maybe in the spot that currently has Moises written all over it. Allowing NSW to play two spinners at home as well, by doing that, while still having batting depth.

He was supposedly offered a second tier contract with Victoria, and was only going to play OD cricket for them - all third hand info. He'd have to be a sniff of getting a game in that format for NSW, he did finish second or third in the Ford Ranger player of the year, afterall.
Thats one option i guess, play him in the all rounder spot in FC. Just thinking about it if he does get a game its just going to further reduce to the chances of one the youngster either Moises or the batsmen getting game time to develop at this level. With Moss the middle order would be Katich (3), Thornley (4), Moss (5), Haddin (6), Forrest/Roher/Moises(7). Meaning only one player gets a run in the side baring injuries.

OD wise you would think he would have to make the side somewhere. Probably playing in the middle order when Jaques is there and moving to the top, if he is out. Again it would mean less game time for the youngsters.

If he does come over he would have to there and there abouts when it comes to selection, we don't have the depth anymore just to over look a player like Moss. Also if he gets a contract it would be 2nd tier too, his fallen away as FC player lately.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thats one option i guess, play him in the all rounder spot in FC. Just thinking about it if he does get a game its just going to further reduce to the chances of one the youngster either Moises or the batsmen getting game time to develop at this level. With Moss the middle order would be Katich (3), Thornley (4), Moss (5), Haddin (6), Forrest/Roher/Moises(7). Meaning only one player gets a run in the side baring injuries.

OD wise you would think he would have to make the side somewhere. Probably playing in the middle order when Jaques is there and moving to the top, if he is out. Again it would mean less game time for the youngsters.

If he does come over he would have to there and there abouts when it comes to selection, we don't have the depth anymore just to over look a player like Moss. Also if he gets a contract it would be 2nd tier too, his fallen away as FC player lately.
Weren't NSW struggling to find a OD opener last year. IIRC they had about 4 or 5 different guys partnering Jaques. That would be where Moss would play in the OD side if he were to be selected.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Weren't NSW struggling to find a OD opener last year. IIRC they had about 4 or 5 different guys partnering Jaques. That would be where Moss would play in the OD side if he were to be selected.
Nah, just Simmons and Cowan - and Cowan did a good enough job of it really.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah thats true, but Ed Cowan kind of cemented the spot at the end of the season after his hundred. But considering they have batted him in the middle order in the past, i wouldn't be surprised if they might do the same thing.

brockley

International Captain
Haven't heard the moss rumour yet the papers must be slow.
Moss would be excellent for the one day side,and a chance for the first class side,lambert was great at 7 but not great with the ball.
Rummans no chance for the blues side,he won't get a contract,moss should tho.
Still hastings for moss is a fair swap for the vics.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, the Moss thing is pretty down low. Giving you guys the inside info. ;) Played at Camberwell last year, and we're pretty sure we won't have his services this year. *hush hush*

brockley

International Captain
When will the first round of contracts be named vic,no details on any contracts releasd yet,nor transfer pool.

Mister Wright

Viewed more of a batsman, I'd imagine. Don't really see why he made the Qld team as a spinner given he was always primarily a batsman in Grade as far as I'm aware...
Nah, he was selected as a spinner. Even though his first class debut yielded one over. Of course he probably wouldn't have been selected if he didn't have some ability with the bat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, he was selected as a spinner. Even though his first class debut yielded one over. Of course he probably wouldn't have been selected if he didn't have some ability with the bat.
I know he was selected as a spinner - I just cast doubts over why, given the fact that I'm fairly sure he's considered more a batsman who can bowl at Grade level.

Mister Wright

I know he was selected as a spinner - I just cast doubts over why, given the fact that I'm fairly sure he's considered more a batsman who can bowl at Grade level.
Shane Warne used to open the batting for St Kilda, doesn't mean he's selected as a batsman for Victoria.

Damien McKenzie used to bat top 4 for his grade side also. Grade is a completely different level from state cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shane Warne used to open the batting for St Kilda, doesn't mean he's selected as a batsman for Victoria.

Damien McKenzie used to bat top 4 for his grade side also. Grade is a completely different level from state cricket.
Opener or not, I highly doubt Warne was considered a batsman who could bowl when he was picked.