• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off-Season Thread

sideshowtim

Banned
The real question is, when will Pete Forrest get a permanent role in the NSW middle-order? He is the future and a gun bat.

brockley

International Captain
Question can forrest open as he may get a chance if jaques gets called up to the test side,i gather he and rohrer will get contracts,otherwise its rohrer and forrest for 1 position.

sideshowtim

Banned
Forrest is a #3 or #4 by trade, I don't think he's even opened in club cricket. So yeah, I don't think opening suits him very well.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Forrest is a #3 or #4 by trade, I don't think he's even opened in club cricket. So yeah, I don't think opening suits him very well.
Neither was Jaques, bat to get a spot in the team he had to open. I'm sure given the choice of opening the batting or not playing at all, I'm sure Forrest will run with the opportunity given.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone told me some gossip paper in Sydney said Shane Watson was moving in with his girlfriend in Syndey and suggesting he'd transfer to NSW. Probably rubbish but would be quite funny.

Mister Wright

Someone told me some gossip paper in Sydney said Shane Watson was moving in with his girlfriend in Syndey and suggesting he'd transfer to NSW. Probably rubbish but would be quite funny.
Haha. That would be funny. Considering the effort he made to get to QLD.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Neither was Jaques, bat to get a spot in the team he had to open. I'm sure given the choice of opening the batting or not playing at all, I'm sure Forrest will run with the opportunity given.
The difference is that these days our middle order is as shakey as our top order. We also have the likes of Jarrad Burke who is overdue for a run as opener in the 1st XI. Simmons and Mail are also still there and there abouts

Also with Jaques had opened at club level and 2nd XI before being asked to open in FC cricket. He was groomed a little bit to be NSW next opener once Slater and Taylor had left. He played all his cricket at Northampshire as a No 3, but a bit of that was due to the fact they had two recognised openers. The same was the case when he first came into the Sutherland 1st grade side from memory.

Mister Wright

The difference is that these days our middle order is as shakey as our top order. We also have the likes of Jarrad Burke who is overdue for a run as opener in the 1st XI. Simmons and Mail are also still there and there abouts
That's good to hear.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Burke/Jaques, Cowan, Katich(c), Thornley, Forrest, Rohen/Cooper, Haddin(wk), Henriques

I reckon that batting line up got some potential, its about time that frequent Under 19 winners stand up and show why we won like 4 Under 19 Championships in a row.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Cameron been targeted by the WA for the last couple seasons. A couple seasons ago he was close to moving over, but his partner at the time didn't want to move to WA. But he also said that the time he was going to play for Manly for rest of his career. A season later he moved to Sydney Uni, so you never know.

Hastings if he does will be a lose long term, similar to Drew i guess. Katich and Watson are interesting ones. Katich moved to Sydney for his girlfriend and now its seem Watson might be going the same. Is NSW turning into Ireland or something.

Also its interesting to see players (in a lot sports) signings based on their partners preferences. What is happening to our manly sports stars, a clear sign of the times.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How on earth does Watson think he can actually live in Sydney whilst playing for Queensland? I don't see how it's feasible...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
How on earth does Watson think he can actually live in Sydney whilst playing for Queensland? I don't see how it's feasible...
Same way Ponting lives in Sydney, well the Wollongong i think and plays for Tasmania. Maybe he thinks he will be playing for the Australia so much he wont play much for Queensland

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Same way Ponting lives in Sydney, well the Wollongong i think and plays for Tasmania. Maybe he thinks he will be playing for the Australia so much he wont play much for Queensland
Haha, Ponting doesn't really play for Tasmania though. I think he's played about one game for them in the last three years.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Also its interesting to see players (in a lot sports) signings based on their partners preferences. What is happening to our manly sports stars, a clear sign of the times.
Quite impressive imo.

Sure it's possible to split his time if he wanted... there's so much international one-day cricket in the next season anyway.

howardj

International Coach
Read today at lunchtime that Katich is sticking with NSW.

Apparently WA approached him about returning home.