• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would you stay up late for a match?

Would you stay up late for a match?

• Yes, I'm a cricket fan, and cricket is my life!!!

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Yes, if it's my team

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Maybe, if I don't have much to do

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • No. I've to earn a living, and I need some sleep!!!

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

Blaze

Banned
No. I don't watch a lot of NZ cricket overseas. Maybe the first session then it will be after 12am and I will go to bed.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
I got up for the super series ODI's last year but not the supertest.

The problem was university really, i got so cheesed off during the VB series last year because i only saw one match.

I can get up early for stuff but find it hard to stay up.

Craig

World Traveller
They play every now and then, although it is a rare species that seems to pop up every now and then, usually for a two Test series and for a random selection of ODIs, although very very very rarely they will play a three Test series. Be quick though or you might miss out.

Craig

World Traveller
As for me it all depends, when I was in England last year I found myself watching the middle session of the Australia v West Indies Test in Brisbane, but that was down to the fact around 3.30am I was wide awake, thanks to jet lag and the my constant struggle with time zones over there.

If the cricket is exicting then I would stay up, like Smith's run of 200's in England in 2003, I wanted to stay up and watch it. I missed the run chase in Jo'burg earlier this year because I had to start work at 6.00 am the next day.

Given the way things have worked out, I should have called in 'sick' the next day and stayed up and watched it. The glory of hindsight.

biased indian

International Coach
The hardest would have been to watch D/N in WI but since they have decide not to have any india matches as D/N almost all the games are not at odd times .the hardest may be to get up at 3.30 for a IND Vs NZ match on a grren pitch :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blaze said:
True... We seem to struggle for teams willing to play us!
It's a crazy imbalance in terms of games really - not sure why your authorities put up with it?

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'll stay up for pretty much any NZ game and i did the ashes last year. The England and African games are tough though, espcially coz im usually just using the radio.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
If I can I'll stay up which is most of the time. I don't usually last the whole 3 sessions though.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
I will usually watch the Pakistan matches but fall asleep during the lunch break and then wake up usually an hour before tea.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I always stay up late to listen to TMS.. Even though I'm not all that interested in the England team or the Ashes, I just love listening to people like Aggers, Kerry O'Keefe, Boycs.. Absolutely fantastic

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes I do always if SL are playing. My greatest memory is Being up around 3 or 4 AM while living in Australia then to watch SL win the World Cup by beating the Aussies . This after the locals had ridiculed SL chances at the time and said how sorry they would be for me as SL had done well they said to get this far !!:laugh:

But staying up recently to Watch the recent England SL tests was a real mission particularly the Edgbaston Test when there were late sessions which meant I was up from 10 PM NZ time till nearly 6:15 AM the next morning and then get up to go to work 45 minutes later .:)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Ashes i stayed up all night

When Australia toured Windies a few years back i got up to watch that

Also watch Aus in India and Pakistan

Laurrz

International Debutant
yep, stayed till 3 for the ashes in all days and for the Saffie series i put the radio with me in bed lol

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
JASON said:
But staying up recently to Watch the recent England SL tests was a real mission particularly the Edgbaston Test when there were late sessions which meant I was up from 10 PM NZ time till nearly 6:15 AM the next morning and then get up to go to work 45 minutes later .:)
Ouch, now that is painful - were you never tempted to think "I can't be bothered?"