• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for end of May start of June

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Roseboy64 6,000 posts
33/3from3.3 2,000 posts
Alternative 1,000 posts

A very good week of posting, thanks to the members who helped out with this weeks awards. Much better selection for the Skull this week with Son of Coco and Voltman also in the running for the coveted ‘Skull’ award.

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: adharcric for this click here Why read Cricinfo for your cricket India info. I learned more from this post, good stuff.

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. Nominated by Pasag. And the Winner is: Matt79 for this click here The debate went off track, but that is the way most of the best discussions happen

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Pedro Delgado, for this click here :laugh: I had to read it a few times, but hey I still got it

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: marc71178, has an opinion on just about everything, if only they were a little longer. :laugh: (did not help to pick the awards this week)

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: JBH001 this week click here Maybe England will still win, and this will not be worthy of the Greig?

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: BLC2007 click here Welcome, watch out CH

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Matt79, started some great threads and backed it up with some knowledgeable arguments

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Again no winner this week, am I marking too hard? :unsure:

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: JustTool, a little hard on the Indian cricket team, but I like the passion.

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Langeveldt, click here We are waiting for some comp.

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Re: The Bradman award. No your not making it too hard. Its the bloody Bradman!!! Theres a certain level needed, and even if it takes weeks without being awarded, it should be kept to a high level.

If anything it'd discourage half of us from posting such tripe....... Sorry, off in a fantasy world there.

Craig

World Traveller
If I can be bothered and post some cricket photos I have on my crappy camera then I could challange Lange.

Maybe not.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Another week of great posts. Congrats all, particularly Pedro Delgado , a great poster IMO.:)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
BTW Archie, you are getting close to 3000 posts . * Another few weeks of CW award threads and you will get there :laugh: :laugh: *

adharcric

International Coach
Personally, I wouldn't rate that post on Indian seamers as one of my better posts. It's also from March. Don't mind the award though. :)

archie mac

International Coach
adharcric said:
Personally, I wouldn't rate that post on Indian seamers as one of my better posts. It's also from March. Don't mind the award though. :)
Oops, Did not read the date :wacko:

But don't sell yourself short, you had a lot of very tough competition to beat for the Afridi this week:)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
BTW Archie, you are getting close to 3000 posts . * Another few weeks of CW award threads and you will get there :laugh: :laugh: *
Yes not that far to go. I remember when I started you had 2000+ posts, and I thought I won't be staying around here that long! :ph34r:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
JASON said:
Another week of great posts. Congrats all, particularly Pedro Delgado , a great poster IMO.:)
:blushes:

Thanks for my second Skull of the year :) just like silentstriker I had a rotten childhood and won **** all, so I am very proud today.

I have a few photos from Trent Bridge on Saturday I'll post up at some stage, nowhere near Langers' standard as I'm not as talented (no zoom either).

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Good job all winners.

I agree, given its name, the Bradman should be a toughie to win.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Great Job all, Congratulations to the winners. And I second Jason's comments on PD who also happens to have a great avtar. :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Congratulations to all winners - I had a good chuckle last night upon my return from my jolly holidays in Paddyland.

However.... a word of warning.

Last Saturday, I actually kissed the Blarney Stone, so waxing lyrical will most definitely be on the agenda during the forthcoming weeks.

The missus did likewise, but that was unnecessary as she already works wonders with her tongue.