• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for end of May start of June

Matt79

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:
Congratulations to all winners - I had a good chuckle last night upon my return from my jolly holidays in Paddyland.

However.... a word of warning.

Last Saturday, I actually kissed the Blarney Stone, so waxing lyrical will most definitely be on the agenda during the forthcoming weeks.

The missus did likewise, but that was unnecessary as she already works wonders with her tongue.
I shudder to think! Does this mean a certain fowl may resume his log, perhaps in time for the World Cup (football that is)?

Thanks for the Warnie and Boycs - hmm, that sounds like a premise for one of the weirder buddy movies of all time - Shane and Geoffrey wake up after a messed up party, only to to discover Boycs car is missing - coming soon, "Dude, where's th' flippin' car gone?"

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just have to say: JustTool only shows up when he has something negative to say. Notice that he didn't show up yesterday when the Indian team was doing well. A real fan is always there, to praise them when they do well, and to smash them when they don't. A lot of the rest of us are always here, not just when we need to smash the indian team.

pasag

RTDAS
silentstriker said:
A real fan is always there, to praise them when they do well, and to smash them when they don't. A lot of the rest of us are always here, not just when we need to smash the indian team.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

adharcric

International Coach
Yep that's JustTool for you. I think he's only come on three times this year: once after Sachin failed in the final Pakistan test, once after the Mumbai debacle and then on Day 2 when our seamers got the bashing.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Yep that's JustTool for you. I think he's only come on three times this year: once after Sachin failed in the final Pakistan test, once after the Mumbai debacle and then on Day 2 when our seamers got the bashing.

Yea, exactly. That's why I'm suprised he got an award, even if it was an AA award. Though the line is blurred quite often, he seems more of a troll than a fan.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
Silentstriker, JT lives in your neighbourhood. So be careful. :)

Haha, someone else compared me to him...but if you look at my post history...there's plenty of times when I've praised the Indian team...and defended it. When we lose, I do get carried away a little bit, but its never one sided from me. I'm a staunch supoprter of Sachin, Dravid & Chapell for example.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I was talking about his 'Location', he seems to be living somewhere around Philly. Dont run into him when India is not doing so well. :)

adharcric

International Coach
I definitely won't go to Philly after an India loss if I have to deal with silentstriker AND justtool.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
I definitely won't go to Philly after an India loss if I have to deal with silentstriker AND justtool.
Hey, I'm a nice guy. Besides, its so hard to find people to discuss cricket with over here...I'd actually welcome a difference of opinion (or I'd hit you in the head with a bat, one or the other ;)).

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
I definitely won't go to Philly, period.

My Westcoast bias in effect.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Pfft, west coast is only good as the butt of jokes and the home of hippies.
Come check it out, I'm around San Jose. Look out for a guy with a SS Ton bat in his hand and expect a tonk, especially if you insult my beloved young Indian seamers again. :p

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Come check it out, I'm around San Jose. Look out for a guy with a SS Ton bat in his hand and expect a tonk, especially if you insult my beloved young Indian seamers again. :p
DROPPED!

You mean the beloved young seamers who don't bowl fast, or accurate, or with swing, or with bounce?

OK, I wont insult them. :laugh:

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
DROPPED!

You mean the beloved young seamers who don't bowl fast, or accurate, or with swing, or with bounce?

OK, I wont insult them. :laugh:
Yeah those ones. 8-)

archie mac

International Coach
Matt79 said:
I shudder to think! Does this mean a certain fowl may resume his log, perhaps in time for the World Cup (football that is)?

Thanks for the Warnie and Boycs - hmm, that sounds like a premise for one of the weirder buddy movies of all time - Shane and Geoffrey wake up after a messed up party, only to to discover Boycs car is missing - coming soon, "Dude, where's th' flippin' car gone?"

:laugh:

'Heckin security system, t grandmother could stolin ta car'

'No worries Boycs I'll just text for some help mate'

archie mac

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Just have to say: JustTool only shows up when he has something negative to say. Notice that he didn't show up yesterday when the Indian team was doing well. A real fan is always there, to praise them when they do well, and to smash them when they don't. A lot of the rest of us are always here, not just when we need to smash the indian team.
I love it! Controversy over who should win the awards :cool:

Controversy = more publicity. Should I expect a call from Cricinfo ?