• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which famous cricketers have you played cricket with/against?

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Seeing Roger Telemachas playing against our first team today gave me the idea for this thread. Apart from him, there's Devang Gandhi the ex Indian player.

EDIT: Just seen the title, can't edit, rather than for its with.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
for; Ryan Le Loux, Daan van Bunge, Tim de Leede, Adeel Raja and Robbie Hart(either friendlies or club vs society thingies)
Against: none I can think of really.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Played with: Mark Richardson, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Stephen Mather, Evan Marshall

Against: Aaron Gale, James McMillan, bowled to Saleem Elahi in the nets (and bowled alongside Saqlain Mushtaq in that net session).

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
James Franklin was bowling to JMarshall in the net out the back of Jade stadium,
there was a big crowd but i was at the front and they gave 7 oor 8 people a bowl, i had a go and it wasnt awful, on leg stump and blocked

cpr

International Coach
Played against John Crawley during his Lancashire days, he was coming back from a broken finger so was playing for the MCC against our school. Needless to say he pretty much smacked everyone about, smashed one of the teachers car windows (and refused to pay for it!)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Grant Elliott (SA A and Gauteng)
Keagan Africa (SA U19)
James Hildreth (Somerset)
Tom Webley (Somerset)
Rob Woodman (Somerset)
James Hudson (England 12th man)

also bowled at Jimmi Adams and Nixon McLean in a muckaround net

open365

International Vice-Captain
My mate played tennis with SS Das and lost.

I played against a U15s side coched by the crappy Marshall twin, and i've talked to Grant Robinson a few times,but he's not that great,and out clubs first team with a freind in it played against adam sanford and reon king,we got bowled out for 32 and 36.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Darryl Tuffey, Ian Butler and Peter McGlashan all play in my competition. So far though I've only played against Butler, because I wasn't in the Prems when we played against Weymouth (Tuffey and McGlashan's club).

Craig

World Traveller
open365 said:
My mate played tennis with SS Das and lost.

I played against a U15s side coched by the crappy Marshall twin, and i've talked to Grant Robinson a few times,but he's not that great,and out clubs first team with a freind in it played against adam sanford and reon king,we got bowled out for 32 and 36.
You know there is the edit button :unsure: :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
cpr said:
Played against John Crawley during his Lancashire days, he was coming back from a broken finger so was playing for the MCC against our school. Needless to say he pretty much smacked everyone about, smashed one of the teachers car windows (and refused to pay for it!)
What a tight git.

Would have loved to have seen what happened if it had been the other way around.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Same team:

Stuart Clark
Jason Krejza
Dom Thorneley (my dad coached him)
Josh Mangan (if you consider him famous)

Against:

Aaron Bird
Corey Richards
Greg Mail
Moises Henriques

All, except for Henriques and Mangan, played in my team because the NSW blues come to my home town and play an exhibition match every year, where local players are selected to play. I was lucky enough to play in the Thornely captained team.

archie mac

International Coach
I played indoor cricket against M. Bevan, was a fast bowler then, very quick, or so he seemed.

Bowled to Lance Cairns in the nets, hardly hit the ball, but it sailed out of the ground:)

I also bowled to Bob Hawke, shaped pretty well.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Bishan Bedi, Madan Lal, Mohinder Amarnath, Surinder Amarnath, Manoj Prabhakar, Kirti Azad, Raman Lamba, Ramesh Saxena, Vijay Mehra, Abbas Ali Baig, Rajinder Goel, Maninder Singh, Atul Wasan - International cricketers I can recall playing with or against.

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Lloyd Mash was in the year above me at school and was two years ahead at my cricket club, but I played with him a bit in school cricket.

sideshowtim

Banned
Douggy Walters (training session thing with Hawkesbury Hawks), Stuey Clark and Nathan Bracken (came to our school one day before he was well known for a game for some NSW Blues promo thing).

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Hoggy said:
Lloyd Mash was in the year above me at school and was two years ahead at my cricket club, but I played with him a bit in school cricket.
Very interesting. Where'd you go to school?