• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chaminda Vaas: A true 110 percenter

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
Truly he seems the only lankan, well besides sangakarra, that keeps on providing both in batting and bowling. Poor man, along with sangakarra, is the only one left it seems. I truly feel bad for him.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Vaas is certainly underrated and hard working. I think he deserves a CW Fan Club :ph34r:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Awesome? Doesn't sound right though...

The Chaminda Vaas Awesome Appreciation Society.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
While Chaminda has contributed batting wise greatly in this series, his contribution with the ball has been few and far between in this series. On pitches where he should have been getting more than a couple of wickets he has struggled to get many (or even any sometimes) and SL who have relied on him for an early break thru have been disappointed with little yield from Chaminda throughout this series .

Matt79

Global Moderator
The Chaminda Vaas Admiration Appreciation Society?
The Chaminda Vaas Awesome Appreciation Society
Well i was thinking you could put an "and" in there without messing up the acronym
The Chaminda Vaas Appreciation and Admiration Society

oz_fan

International Regular
jack_sparrow said:
Truly he seems the only lankan, well besides sangakarra, that keeps on providing both in batting and bowling. Poor man, along with sangakarra, is the only one left it seems. I truly feel bad for him.
Mahela Jayawardene and Murali are two others who put in good performancs for Sri Lanka.

Vaas is a very underrated cricketer and provides good support for Murali. IMO he is the best medium pacer in cricket today. I would be happy to join the CVAAS.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
Would have to be WPUJCVAS surely...
CVAAS will do for us. The Chaminda Vaas Admiration and Appreciation Society is open for business.

We'll do all sorts of cool things, predominantly featuring either the Admiring and/or Appreciating of the works, thoughts and legacy of Chaminda Vaas. It's not going to threaten the AAAS's press for world domination, there's only one AAAS, but similarly there's only one Vaas, and he must be one of the best bowlers of the modern game! Dare I suggest somewhat underappreciated because of the prodigious feats of Murali

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Truly he seems the only lankan, well besides sangakarra, that keeps on providing both in batting and bowling
Sri Lanka do have one other person, a chucker dare i say that sometimes helps

JBH001

International Regular
GoT_SpIn said:
Sri Lanka do have one other person, a chucker dare i say that sometimes helps
====================> !TROLL ALERT! <==========================

dinu23

International Debutant
don't mind him, he's just jealous that Murali is a better bowler, person than Warne.

yes got_spin let it out, let it all out. It'll help to reduce your mental agony.