• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One Hand One Bounce

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
Do you have one hand one bouce as a rule when you play? do you have either that or tipsy run or do you have both? Post here your thoughts on the rule

Yours in cricket

Lach

samma

Cricket Spectator
one hand, one bounce..if the batsman hits the ball u can still catch him out after the first bounce..but only if u catch it with one hand.

Barney

Cricket Spectator
You decide before the game starts OR when it happens first then decide, it's a group decision.

As for tipsy run its the same sorta deal.

8D 8D 8D 8D 8D

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
no way!

what about 3 hands 3 bounces....theres one for our friends from Gympie :P

sunburnt_spinner

Cricket Spectator
One hand, one bounce? If ya can't get someone out without resorting to that you don't deserve to have a bat. lol. I think that rule gets eliminated when ya age hits double figures. Maybe if ya got kids playing in ya game ya might let them get people out in that way but if you're a teen or older...

yaju

State Vice-Captain
We say it as "One Tip, One Hand Out". Almost 5 years ago there used to be a program called "Kricket". It origionated from here.

sp_blocka

Cricket Spectator
From our rules here in Adelaide, well my rules, it aint one hand one bounce, because we believe to play cricket youve gotta have skill, and one hand 1 bounce is just a waste of time to discuss.

apd23

Cricket Spectator
We always play one hand one bounce - really tests the batsmans ability to hit along the ground. However there are variations on the rule such as you can only have one go at the ball..i.e if you juggle the ball the batsman cannot be out one hand one bounce. Also if the ball hits the ground then a fence/car/tree/ other misc item it is not out - the item it hits is also classed as a bounce. Certainly has helped me in terms of driving straight along the ground

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
i h8 it when u play a good back foot drive and it is played straight into the ground then someone comes out and grabs it!!! (happened today :()

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Well two things.

1) We play one hand one bounce as we think that, without it the batsman would just stay in. WE ARE THAT GOOD! :D What we have is a garage which the batter stand in and he can only score if he hits it out of the garage, so he either risks his wicket and scores, or blocks and stays in.

2) How do you people play the rule? What do you say happens in these examples?
a) You try and catch it with two hands on the full, drop it and then take it one hand one bounce, is it out? I THINK SO
b) Do you count trees as a bounce? NO
c) Should you allow the lower skilled players to ignore this rule? NO
d) What is your worst example of the rule? THROUGH A TREE, OFF ANOTHER, BACK THROUGH THE FIRST AND CAUGHT ONE HAND ONE BOUNCE.