• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Australia Drop Brett Lee?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Big differences between Oram and Watson:

Oram is 24, Watson is 21

Pace: Watson was clocked at 145km/h when he was at the Academy before he had another series of stress fractures and at international level, has been bowling well within himself.

Batting: Oram has hit 1 first-class hundred and averages around 29 with the bat in 30 FC matches; Watson has scored 2 hundreds in 13 FC matches and averages around 43.

Just wait; Shane Watson will be a world-beater in 2 years. I can guarantee it. :)

Eclipse

International Debutant
yeah watson is a really good batsman or though he strugles against spin.

He based his game on Ricky Pontings and he bats much the same.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just wait; Shane Watson will be a world-beater in 2 years. I can guarantee it. :)
I hope not, just when we'd got rid of one lot of quality Aussies, some more come along!:(!:(!:(!;)

V Reddy

International Debutant
I think Brett Should just keep bowling fast and try bowling full in the middle bowlers. That's the difference between he and Shoiab. Brett would definately get Reverse in the middle overs. But the captaincy of Ponting has effected his bowling. He is too much into line and length. And also he has to develop some other balls. Nowadays there is something of sameness about Brett.:)

V Reddy

International Debutant
A great Program

i don't shane watson as he is made out to be. He batting will be good in Tests but not ODI'S AND his bowling will be good in odi and not so good in tests. I think Shane Lee and Harvey were better than Watson. They weren't given chances to bat up in the order.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Lets just remember Watson averages 23 with the ball in 1st class cricket! I think he will find bowling in test cricket will be easier for him than in ODIs as in a test you don't usually have a batsman slogging you all over the place.