• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best ball ever?

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Simon Jones to Michael Clarke in the 2005 Ashes. Clarke left the ball, got his pad marginally outside the line of off-stump, and the ball swung around the pad to hit off. Sensational.
id say the Jones ball to Javed Omar at Lords wasnt half bad either. Outswinger that pitched around middle and leg and ended up having him caught behind at slip.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sir Richard Hadlee's ball to Steve Waugh at the Basin Reserve in 1985/86. Perfect length, pitched on middle stump and seamed away, clipping the top of the off stump.

FRAZ

International Captain
Voltman said:
Sir Richard Hadlee's ball to Steve Waugh at the Basin Reserve in 1985/86. Perfect length, pitched on middle stump and seamed away, clipping the top of the off stump.
How long?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
Monash University Commerce Ball of 1997.
After party delivered did it?

Melbourne University's Law Ball, 2005's afterparty was at Motel. Sucktitude. :(

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
After party delivered did it?

Melbourne University's Law Ball, 2005's afterparty was at Motel. Sucktitude. :(
I was 10 at the time, Jono. Thought I'd just pull out a random year and uni.

Missed out on the Melb Comm one this year, had to go away to Darwin. Spewing. Although afterparty was at Prince - not my scene. Nor Motel, really.

FRAZ

International Captain
Voltman said:
Keep your sick fantasies for OT, Franz.
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: ...
What is a good-legth delivery ... Over -pitched Length , Yorker length , short - pitched ,full pitched etc etc ....
In my very honest opinion in order to get the ball a little movement the ball should be pitched just below the good length . For Steve Waugh I guess the deliveries should be good lengthish with a slight misture of timely shorth pitched ones ... He was good at his reflexes so I guess Yorker or full length pitched deliveries were there for him asking for punishments ..So what was the perfect length that Steve faced that time ?
btw what the OT thing ..... :wacko: :wacko:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: ...
What is a good-legth delivery ... Over -pitched Length , Yorker length , short - pitched ,full pitched etc etc ....
In my very honest opinion in order to get the ball a little movement the ball should be pitched just below the good length . For Steve Waugh I guess the deliveries should be good lengthish with a slight misture of timely shorth pitched ones ... He was good at his reflexes so I guess Yorker or full length pitched deliveries were there for him asking for punishments ..So what was the perfect length that Steve faced that time ?
btw what the OT thing ..... :wacko: :wacko:
Actually, I apologise, Fraz. I thought you were being dirty. :ph34r:

It was just short of a good length, hence the ball hitting the top of the off-stump. It's the length that you're unsure whether to go forward or back for.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
I was 10 at the time, Jono. Thought I'd just pull out a random year and uni.

Missed out on the Melb Comm one this year, had to go away to Darwin. Spewing. Although afterparty was at Prince - not my scene. Nor Motel, really.
Lol I knew you were 10, otherwise that Under 18 cricket thing may have been a bit misleading. :p I just though I'd bring up afterparties, since they often disappoint. You're at Melb Uni anyway right?

I heard good things about this year's Comm ball, but I missed it (resulting in much bagging from many mates), and I missed the Law one this year as well. One can say I've had a ball-less 2006. :unsure:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
Lol I knew you were 10, otherwise that Under 18 cricket thing may have been a bit misleading. :p I just though I'd bring up afterparties, since they often disappoint. You're at Melb Uni anyway right?

I heard good things about this year's Comm ball, but I missed it (resulting in much bagging from many mates), and I missed the Law one this year as well. One can say I've had a ball-less 2006. :unsure:
Yeah, at Melbourne. I had bought a ticket, helped organize a table and everything, then had to on-sell my ticket. Spewing. Everyone seemed to have an awesome time. Fairly shattering...