• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ever medium pacer?

I think Wasim and Waqar were both 140s bowlers at best....and for a long time both bowled in the 130s, with Waqar being less effective, but Wasim just as effective as ever.
Do you really understand that when did they made their debuts and when were their speeds first recorded?Some people think that before injury in 1994-5,Waqar was as quick as Thommo if not more.

Last edited:

JBMAC

State Captain
Do you really understand that when did they made their debuts and when were their speeds first recorded?Some people think that before injury in 1994-5,Waqar was as quick as Thommo if not more.

"Some people" would not had made such a silly statement if they knew the game of Cricket.
I would like to know your source for that statement to judge what "some People" really did know and I know there will be a number of others on this forum who would like to know as well.
Waqar was a good bowler and I never faced him only saw him at Tests in Australia.BUT I have faced JT and let me assure you Waqar was Not as fast as Thommo at any stage of his career.
I look forward to you posting the link or citing the source.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
"Some people" would not had made such a silly statement if they knew the game of Cricket.
I would like to know your source for that statement to judge what "some People" really did know and I know there will be a number of others on this forum who would like to know as well.
Waqar was a good bowler and I never faced him only saw him at Tests in Australia.BUT I have faced JT and let me assure you Waqar was Not as fast as Thommo at any stage of his career.
I look forward to you posting the link or citing the source.

Why should there be a link? He only said "some people". That could mean his uncle Fred and cousin Daisy.:)

JBMAC

State Captain
Been close enough to 24 hours and our friend Mr.Singh has not posted link or cited source so I can only assume "Some People" do not exist and the assertions made by him were his and his alone.

Been close enough to 24 hours and our friend Mr.Singh has not posted link or cited source so I can only assume "Some People" do not exist and the assertions made by him were his and his alone.
By 'Some People",I didn't mean any journalists but some longtime cricket followers one of them being on this forum known as C_C.

JBMAC

State Captain
By 'Some People",I didn't mean any journalists but some longtime cricket followers one of them being on this forum known as C_C.
So what "credibility does this poster have?
I have stated my own credentials so it's time to ante up

Last edited:

neville cardus

International Debutant
Hardly surprising, truth be told.

From what I've heard, C_C's reputation is not up to much. There is probably no more notorious poster on CricketWeb (which, thankfully, he left as I entered). Bhupinder was wise to hoof it. There was no getting out of that self-dug pit.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Waqar may ave not been as quick as Thommo, but calling Thommo the quickest that international cricket have produced is a big deal. Roy Gilchrist was teribly quick. Mohammed Akram and Mohammed Zahid were also much quicket than Shoaib. My gut feeling says that Zahid may have been the quickest ever, because he was beating Lara with pace. naver mind his team mates. Very diifucult to find Thompson beating Richards with pace (Richards probably better against quicks than Lara).

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BS hasn't been on CW for a few days, which isn't unusual. Give him a chance to respond.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
From what I've heard, C_C's reputation is not up to much. There is probably no more notorious poster on CricketWeb (which, thankfully, he left as I entered).
Well... there is certainly one, who has had about 30 or 40 accounts. Fortunately, it seems, he too left (that should be - has given-up trying to flout the rules for the time being) around about the time you became a regular around these parts.

You people think I'm the only one in this world to say things like Waqar was as quick as Thommo,then you should watch this.As pointed out by PhoenixFire earlier,its on some of his biographies even such as on wikipedia that before back injury,he was one of the quickest ever.I never intended to present Waqar as quickest ever as I consider Akhtar & Lee as the quickest bowlers ever and then followed by Thommo,Imran,Waqar,Tyson etc.
I've never had any respect for C_C because he's exremly biased against white people and religions like Christianity,Judaism & Islam.But despite all hated towards him I have always been of the opinion that no one on this forum knows more about Wasim,Waqar,Kumble & Kapil than him.When he was an active poster,he used to describe different achievments of above mentioned players as if he didn't miss even a single ball of their careers.Thats the only reason I mentioned what he once said.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
You people think I'm the only one in this world to say things like Waqar was as quick as Thommo,then you should watch this..
And?

What does that show? A good ball that dipped in late and a bad shot played to it with the batsman off balance. Nice ball but no relevance to being quick.

Doesnt even look as quick or as impressive as this. Posting a clip and unsubstantiated claims means little.

I saw a lot of Waqar and I loved the way he bowled but he wasnt all time fast just fast. As Ive said before, I saw evidence in the early 90s that he was the approx the same pace as Chris Lewis. It was the movement at good pace that was tough to play, rather than just the pace itself.